• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site could use less moderators. Seems to me a lot of threads are locked out for trivial things. And I don't like moderators editing my posts. I typed things a certain way for a reason.

m109a2

I concur oilfiedroughneck sometimes I get myself good and drunk and I will speak my mind just like any other American.I will say things like You are a American buy that way.I will say things like N.A.F.T.A.,G.A.T.T,C.A.F.T.A,Are so against our constitution .And I a have grown tired of the bull.SAY WHAT YOY MEAN AND AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY.I do not belive in grey area or pc you are lieing or not.But I do see the need for the mods I HAVE BEEN BUSTED FOR POLITICAL RANT AND RIGHTLY SO.Al

joshuak

Opinions, like a holes, we all have one

"Everything in moderation, including moderation itself. Oscar Wilde

"Keep up the good work mods. Me

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a few mods. We have a few needs for them. Without rules and compliance to said rules,there is chaos and anarchy. No one forces me to stay here. I am free to come or go. I can offer criticism in a constructive and helpful way. I am free to disagree. This site has taken NOTHING away from me. It has given me a wealth of information in a pleasant and family friendly enviroment. It has created the opportunity to meet and make good friends I never would have without it. It has helped me to help other members and their families. Do I always agree with all Decisions made here. NOPE! and that's ok too! So, we can and have changed quite a bit around here, but somethings I hope never change. We need the mods and all they do.......
Just my two cents!

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This site is solely owned. It is run as he wishes as he keeps it plugged in and running. Each member has a right to their opinion. If the way the site is moderated is not in alignment with any members beliefs, it is their sole decision to visit here or not. The staff has kept things in check and working for the last dozen years. That's pretty good nowadays.

By the way, we never edit posts randomly. If any posts were edited, they were edited because there was a problem. Any posts that are compliant with the rules set forth by the owner are not edited. If you don't want your posts edited, comply with the house rules.

Last edited:

Al Harvey

Our moderators do a great job keeping this site on target and focusing the conversation. If we didn't have the mods shutting down certain threads, then topics would get way off in the deep end. Also we don't need the politics being injected on a Military Vehicle site, because that creates a rifts and causes people to start attacking each other. It makes our site look like many other sites out there that aren't worth the time in viewing. This is a private site, it has the right to be run how the owner sees fit. As others say, if you really don't like it, there are plenty of other sites out there. We should want a clean site that welcomes people from all walks of life and from all parts of the world. I'll admit, in the beginning I thought that the mods were over closing threads but, after sitting back and really looking at it, they are trying to maintain this site and are doing so to the best of their ability and quite frankly they do a dang good job of it.

Personally I think the moderators for the time they put in to this site!!!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally try to criticize in private, praise in public. Several employees have taken me in the back room over the years and made me a better person. Others have been publicly critical of things in my presence and now have better jobs.

Whatever our opinion, right or wrong, the support here for MV enthusiasts is strong, the personalities deeply varied and if I needed advice or a part, the moderators always had my six.

I have a ton of opinion but I'll be lucky if I see 8000 more days of wonderful posts on Steel Soldiers. Maybe we can mange the difficult days through Private Messaging and grow stronger as a team.

Our moderators do a great job keeping this site on target and focusing the conversation. If we didn't have the mods shutting down certain threads, then topics would get way off in the deep end. Also we don't need the politics being injected on a Military Vehicle site, because that creates a rifts and causes people to start attacking each other. It makes our site look like many other sites out there that aren't worth the time in viewing. This is a private site, it has the right to be run how the owner sees fit. As others say, if you really don't like it, there are plenty of other sites out there. We should want a clean site that welcomes people from all walks of life and from all parts of the world. I'll admit, in the beginning I thought that the mods were over closing threads but, after sitting back and really looking at it, they are trying to maintain this site and are doing so to the best of their ability and quite frankly they do a dang good job of it.

Personally I think the moderators for the time they put in to this site!!!

Your missing the point. The same old if you don't like it your free to leave. I posted this in the area where suggestions are allowed. That's my suggestion, less moderation, less editing. A lot of posts have been edited, not because of site rules, but reworded by a moderator. Maybe that makes more sense to the moderator, but it's not his thread.

My point is I don't like censorship. I understand sometimes someone posts something threatening or someone's personal info that's not appropriate. Just let people say what they are trying without interference.

Al Harvey

Well if your main focus is a moderator editing your post, then you really need to contact that moderator via pm for a reason. If you don't think their reason is fair, contact another moderator to get their opinion on the matter.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pirate4x4 is always an option.

Sometimes titles are edited to better reflect what the thread is about and make searching easier.

Sometimes words are changed to make the thread fit the rules. I changed one the other day to "heck". The original word was bleeped by the forum software.

Sometimes portions of threads are edited because the poster will not follow the rules.

As it was stated if anyone has a problem with an edited post, contact the moderator that edited it of any of the other moderators.

I can tell you that the way the moderators make the site work will not change unless the site owner changes his wishes. And it has happened in the past.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually edit for spelling, as evidenced by me going through hundreds of thread titles earlier this year to correct the spelling of Deuce.

When someone posts something not following the rules I just delete it since I'm not going to waste my time editing for content.

If someone has a complaint with me I expect them to man up and contact me. It happened just last week and unfortunately they didn't want to be associated with the site anymore. Not banned and certainly not by me for the less than civil demeanor he displayed or his juvenile behavior, he's just no longer getting on the site.

Anyone can make the same choice.

emr

I think this is a fairly well run site, and well moderated . I would be much harder on all the topics they let members run with that do not pertain to Military vehicles and there equipment . It is important to keep this site on track.

m109a2

Please don`t get me wrong I love this site there is so much info here I would not have my deuce or know what I know if not for this site.But I am wandering who owns this site.Al

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the mods do a great job. They get carried away sometimes but who don't.
Drew comes on and straightens us all out.
Thanks mods for your unpaid work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks