• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My rhino-lined m1009

1986Blazerk5

I think herculiner is about $150, do it yourself for a pickup bed so......
I would think you could do it yourself for $300..... not sure what quantity you have to buy it in.
really depends on how thick you put it on... I guess..
I have thought about the rhino or herculiner and then Astro-turf........
I figure that way I could just hose it down and hang it over the fence ...

I don't want anything that will absorb or keep moisture in it....
vehicle is extremely rust free... don't want to start the process...

I like the Marine speakers as well..... I know MTX make some.... not real pricey also available in black or white....
I would have to put a stereo in if I went the speaker route.... decisions, decisions
In the stores it is usually around $90 for a 1 gallon kit, and it covers a 6 foot bed with 2 coats, but you can buy 1 quart of the stuff for $25 if you need a little extra

Strad

Sorry I can't post up pics of the truck's A/C. I'm out in the middle of the Gulf on an Oil Rig and I didn't bring any pics of my truck on my laptop. I'll be back on land in two weeks.

jacksmad1

Could you possibly provide details about the A/C install and post pictures later ? Like was it new or used? If used, what was the donor vehicle? What mods were necessary to mount the compressor, condenser, etc. What was the cost? One thing I found out about my M1009, is in the summer heat of Tennessee, it functions very well as a rolling sauna....my M1009 started as a weekend vehicle and is morphing into a daily driver, so A/C would be a blessing....

McCluskey

So ballparked it's about a $1000 to Rhino line everything? Is it just the inside and outside, or is it the undercarriage as well? I like the idea of doing this to my Rig. Does the liner come in colors besides black? I want to keep my Tan.

91W350

I know Rhino Lining is super tough stuff if applied correctly. In the setup stage, it cannot be exposed to any moisture or it chemically reacts and turns to Rhino foam. The crap is next to impossible to get off. We had to air chisel a bed once, before the liner had fully set up and several places we went through the floor. The guy I was helping told the truck owner about the damage and offered to buy him a replacement bed. He said the bed looked fine and 99 percent of people would never know. We had flipped it and Rhino Lined the bottom of the bed as well, after welding the chisel holes shut. That being said, I know a fork lift fork will go right through it and the bed floor if you stick it below the pallet and snag the liner. He has done a lot of Jeep, FJ40 and Blazer tubs around here.... The guys just love the end results. One of the best applications I have seen is to dually one ton fiberglass fenders, no more rock stars. It works great on those GM trunks from the 60's and early 70's that always want to rust where they applied the seam sealer. Neat stuff... really cuts down on the tire smoke that always seems to find its way into the cabin during burnouts too... Glen

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know Rhino Lining is super tough stuff if applied correctly. In the setup stage, it cannot be exposed to any moisture or it chemically reacts and turns to Rhino foam. The crap is next to impossible to get off. We had to air chisel a bed once, before the liner had fully set up and several places we went through the floor. The guy I was helping told the truck owner about the damage and offered to buy him a replacement bed. He said the bed looked fine and 99 percent of people would never know. We had flipped it and Rhino Lined the bottom of the bed as well, after welding the chisel holes shut. That being said, I know a fork lift fork will go right through it and the bed floor if you stick it below the pallet and snag the liner. He has done a lot of Jeep, FJ40 and Blazer tubs around here.... The guys just love the end results. One of the best applications I have seen is to dually one ton fiberglass fenders, no more rock stars. It works great on those GM trunks from the 60's and early 70's that always want to rust where they applied the seam sealer. Neat stuff... really cuts down on the tire smoke that always seems to find its way into the cabin during burnouts too... Glen
I'm with McClusky; can this stuff be dyed or whatever, to any color? And is this stuff do-it-yoursefer or strictly shop work?

Also, wouldn't it be REALLY prudent to prep any areas to be covered with rust inhibitor, or whatever? What I mean is; how many have seen undercoating go to rust?