• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My ride for 4 great years...HY-80 Soldier

AaronW

Just thought I'd share some pics from my recent trip back to CT. Dallas was my first submarine. She is 27 years young and still on the front lines of freedom.

If she ever ended up on GL, I would be sure to bid! Not at all underpowered....30,000 shaft H.P. and you only need to gas it up every 20 years or so. Slight bit of understeer in the corners.

Thanks to all her current crew for defending this great country!

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
AD28. Former QM/SM six years of sea duty watched lots of fast attacks and boomers go by in the Thames river as two of my cutters were moored in New London. Very cool to see your pictures. Is it a museum piece now or is it still on the active rolls? Is that Breverton?

AaronW

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
AD28. Former QM/SM six years of sea duty watched lots of fast attacks and boomers go by in the Thames river as two of my cutters were moored in New London. Very cool to see your pictures. Is it a museum piece now or is it still on the active rolls? Is that Breverton?
ARMYMAN, Dallas is still active, and will be for at least 5 more years. The pics were taken just after her return to Groton from a 6 month deployment to the Middle East.

ohnuts

Retired Boomer myself Maddison and Lewis & Clark. Boomers stayed out 78 days but fast attacks for all their great port calls had too little hull to much gear. Of course if we were on a Typhoon we could have had a swimming pool and sterility pay.