• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Scorpion

martinwcox

Well I bought a CVR(T) an FV101 Scorpion.

It's currently down in TX but will be transported up to MA in the next couple of weeks.

I will post some better pic's once its home.

Many thanks to SS member Stalwart for being a sounding board and giving me much needed advice, thanks Stuart.

Attachments

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm green with envy. Seriously. Did you get it from khaki imports? I inquired about one of them, they were in the 70K range IIRC. If you don't mind what did you get it for and what kind of shape is it in? I'm still toying around with the idea of a FV432, it's about all I can afford.

martinwcox

The one on the KI site is up fpr 90K, for that, I could nearly buy 2 for what I paid.

It came from a private collector who purchased it via a dealer in the UK.

Here it is on their site before it was sold

Humber Pig

It's pretty much as you see it in the pictures, been in storage and needs a spring clean.

There are no more Scorpions from the MOD as far as I know, the odd one that shows up on milweb in recent years had been in the 50K range. There are some Sabre's showing up but they are not cheap either. Belgium had 700 or so, not sure where they all went, over 3,500 were made and shipped all over the place.

mikew

You gotta love the Jaguar XK engine in it!

I assume it's the 4.2l.

If you ever need engine parts I've got quite a few.

B3.3T

I looked at that one when it was still in the UK. It has an awesome interior, and drives nicely. They all do much better with an ignition swap, though. Well worth it. Most Scorpions had Chieftain boxes added for additional storage of kit. If you are interested in any, let me know. I bought my first Scorpion from Bob in 96, along with a Saladin and two Foxes, then a Striker. I hope the guy in Texas took good care of it. Its a great one.

kochevnik

And I bought an FV-432 from Bob Grundy and it had a lot of problems he never mentioned.

I would never buy from him again. So YMMV.

Congrats on the new armor.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Theres still room on that trailer and if I know Martin he probebly told the driver to keep his eyes open for any must haves on the way up to MA. :p

Stalwart

Congratulations!!!

NICE Martin! Sorry for not replying earlier, a had a lot of poop hit the fan all at once. Glad your baby made it home safely!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks