• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My small collection.

richark998

Here are the vehicles I have now, pretty much how they look now. The MUTT was my first, I got it about 3 years ago. I bought it in Ohio with bill of sale only. It took me about a year to get it titled in Pa. But I now have it titled as an AM General M151A2 "truck" along with valid Pa inspection. I usually have either a .50BMG dummy on it or a dummy M60. My next vehicle was my MB, also from Ohio, which had been civilianized and then attempted to be re-militarized. Doing a body off restoration on that this winter. Not too much to show. My third vehicle was the HMMWV I picked up in Freedom, PA, that was listed on Craigslist. Originally an M998, it had a VIN assigned by another state and listed as a 1990. Without the original plate I really cant be sure if it is a 1990 but it is a 6.2 with the 3 speed. The .50 is a dummy. The last one is a M170 I got on EEEEEEbay which oddly enough was only 18 miles from my home and one I had heard about last year. It was a really nice body off restoration that was from an estate. That means I don't have to bust my butt working on it. I actually wanted an M38A-1 but this one turned up.

Attachments

richark998

Here's the M170 I mentioned above. Not sure if I was going to run out of space so I added this. Also included pics of the kind of activities I do with the vehicles other than parades. Since the HMMWV is pretty resilient to having kids of all sizes crawling through it, I can treat it as an rolling educational display. The first picture was at Wings Over Pittsburgh this year. I think I had over 400 people through it over a 10 hour period. The next was at the Shiloh Ohio meet where I actually took people for rides. So far its holding up well. This coming saturday I will have it at an Operation Troop Appreciation event to give the families something to do while mom, dad, or whoever runs in the 5k race.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

That is an awesome collection! Thanks for sharing. I esp like the pic of the interior of the 998. Really cool. You aren't too far from my house over near Akron. My cousin went to Slippery Rock University, nice place out there. Can't wait to see the MB done, now you need a build thread!

jamieboy

Very nice. I really enjoyed pic #7 in the first post, showing the radio set up!! I always enjoy learning about
the communications aspect of our green vehicles. Thanks again.

gunboy1656

Very nice looking toys.

If your not doing anything on Veterans Day, I would like to invite you to bring one of your toys for a parade that morning.

richark998

On veterans day I'll be at the parade in Pittsburgh with FFMC and their vehicles. Last year I took the MUTT but it was pretty cold that day. This year I'm taking the HMMWV since it is enclosed and has a heater. I'll be driving a couple of WW2 vets that aren't too happy with the cold weather.

Rich