• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My son and I added a hitch and a storage box to the M35.

bbbang

We had a father son work day today. My son who is eleven did an excellent job welding up a receiver hitch for the M35. We also removed the pioneer rack and spare tire carrier and added a storage box, as the spare tire is now useless with the big tires and wheels. The storage box, which I purchased cheap, is 35" x 22" x 22" and fit perfectly, (with a littled modification to the box to clear the emergency brake cable, and a little fabricating of hangers for the box). The box will not stay silver, but will also be primed and painted to match the truck. I enjoy this site and thought you might enjoy some pictures. Chris

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slave labor is great, isn't it? Now I gotta get my 6-yr-old working on the deuce with me! Good job with the work, and thanks for the pictures!

Can't wait to get remarried so I can make more slaves. :D

russ81

Great Job!

You can never start to early getting a kid interested in learning a trade. As a Certified Weld Inspector, Millwright Apprentice Instructor, and a Mechanical Superintendant I can tell you first hand I can tell immediately who know's their way around a shop and who is there just for a pay check. When you start a kid down the road of learning a skilled trade it is something they will ALWAYS be able to fall back on. As a father you should be proud to know you are teaching your son a skill that can provide him with an income for the rest of his life. More fathers should be as active in their kids future as you are.

My hats off to you!

Skills beat equipment every time.

Below is a picture of my little girl and me working on the War Pig. She loves helping me with the "army truck," and is really bitten by the green bug. Every where we go she points out old iron to me! I love it!

Attachments

harleyhouse

Awesome! Father and son time is the best.
Learning a life skill and out of the house " not on video games "
I am teaching my girls to rely on them selves. and teaching them electrical, auto repair, wood working, welding, lawn care.
and how to cook a gourmet meal with things you kill or grow your self.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks