• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My son found this HMMVW parked in a drivway in TX. Unusual

justinn

4x4Junkie13

So, are those doors one giant panel covering the front to the back or am I seeing things?
Maybe they are gull-wing doors.
The sponsons open up too?

chucky

Welcome to TEXAS now go HOME ! bumper sticker was introduced in the early 80s when i still lived there ! Still makes me laugh today !

And i do understand why yall are so sensitive about your BBQ being 2nd best to TN BBQ ! You need to plant some hickory trees down there and raise some pigs to break up that all beef thing and mesquite wood taste like old pallets being burned ! If you want to eat good brisket come on up to the VOLUNTEER STATE and have some 16 hr hickory smoked beef ! This is how you kick a texan in the leg ! LMAO

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Let me tell you a little story about Texas. And I love Texas. My family came from East Texas.

In 1965, (I was 11) I went for my yearly 2.5 month summer vacation, to my Grand Parents. They lived in Forney, but home was Wills Point Texas. I spent a lot of time in Wills Point.

At the time, long hair was not a good thing to have in East Texas. After about a month, and my hair was about 2 inchs long, Grampa took me to the Barber Shop on Main and High Street. Dropped me off, so he could take care of a few things.

I walked in, and in my California Dialect, said, "I need a hair cut". The old boy looked at me, dusted off his chair, and said, "Take a seat here boy". And I did. I explained to him that I wanted a trim, kinda tidy it up, and don't take much off. He grunted. In retrospect, it was probably a laugh.

After a while, of him fooling around and snipping here and there, he told me he was done. He spun me around and I started to tear up. No hair on my head. Butch. Grampa walked in and gave the man $1.25. And we walked out. I was lower then whale poop.

What did I learn about Texas?
1. Use my East Texas Dialect when doing anything in East Texas.
2. Make sure people knew I was Guy Gray's Grand son.

Next summer, when I had to go in and get a hair cut, you bet I took Grampa in with me. You bet I sounded more East Texan, than a Long Horn bull. Never had another problem there. Sure miss the fishing and hunting.

chucky

I know how to get the (PITMASTERS ) lol attention ! Ive made atleast 500 TEXANS just scoff at my comment i bet half of them went outside and kicked their dog ! Oh and you just change the name in your comment from austin to nashville you just described it to a T ! Its sickining what its desolved into not that hee-haw hell wasnt bad enough before all the GREAT IDEAS showed up and caused the biggest property price influx that WILL come back down and everyone will start wining im upside down in my house by 300k i dont want it anymore ! FIX IT DADDY !!!! Just like 2010/11 And the biggest thing ive noticed is with all the BETTER ideas they brought with them now We have homeless incampments just like san fran and aggressive panhandling ive seen it all my life from being on the road but not in hee haw hell ! Welcome to AMERICA you can now be a victim 24/7 and uncle will pay your way so take the shot and push the D button and it will all be ok ! YOU CAN TRUST US ! LMAO !

Last edited by a moderator: