• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My soon to be deuce! (if old lady lets me get it)

airmech3839

I went up to SC to visit with SEVO and turn some wrenches on a deuce he has that I have my eye on. We are taking the wench off and putting it on one of his trucks. We were playing around and found some great stuff. It had brand new master cylinder, fairly new and well maintained cooling system and minimal rust! We have to bleed brakes and the such before she is ready for the road but she is soooo smooth. We cranked her up and she was purrring like a cat getting a belly rub!!! That D turbo was cool and clean!! I can't wait to get her home!! Well here are some pics of truck!! enjoy!!

P.S. this will be my first MV and it wont be my last but the first one is always good!! Anyone know what units put the eight ball on the passanger door? SEVO fell in love with it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "eight ball" is the bridge weight designation and would be common on most deuce cargo trucks.

airmech3839

Ok here they are!! No those tires in the bed are not for sell. At least not by me and they don't come with the truck! Last pic is of SEVO's deuce! My flash did awesome at night!

Hope to get her paid for and home soon!:-D

Attachments

Sevo

I went up to SC to visit with SEVO and turn some wrenches on a deuce he has that I have my eye on. We are taking the wench off and putting it on one of his trucks. We were playing around and found some great stuff. It had brand new master cylinder, fairly new and well maintained cooling system and minimal rust! We have to bleed brakes and the such before she is ready for the road but she is soooo smooth. We cranked her up and she was purrring like a cat getting a belly rub!!! That D turbo was cool and clean!! I can't wait to get her home!! Well here are some pics of truck!! enjoy!!

P.S. this will be my first MV and it wont be my last but the first one is always good!! Anyone know what units put the eight ball on the passanger door? SEVO fell in love with it!
I had a blast! Thanks for coming up to help, that damn winch was a PIA. . Stef and I really enjoyed having you. It is great to never have met someone and hit it off like it seems always happens with SS members. Great people in the MV world!!

Come back anytime, your always welcome at our house. Next time we will do some pulled pork BBQ!!! I have some in the smoker now ;)

Its hard to beat beer, Ribs, deuce wrenching and good friends!!!

airmech3839

Yup Good times!!! It was awesome!!! Never had to use a cheater bar to wrench off the nut the whole way before!! That was interesting!! Now just need a crane to pick it up and slide it off!!:-D

Yohan

I noticed the lady smiling in the picture with your truck. That doesn't seem to happen often, at least around my house! Keep her. :wink: Congrats!

Sevo

I noticed the lady smiling in the picture with your truck. That doesn't seem to happen often, at least around my house! Keep her. :wink: Congrats!
for an "old lady" she looks pretty young :razz:
That's not Air's "old lady" That one is MINE :D.. The more MV's the happier she seems!

I think she likes them more than I do!!!

We rode around all day in that deuce with flags on it and she was smiling the entire time.. I think I'll keep her

ChrisW72971

damn your lucky Sevo :-D
got any pics of her driving it with a smile on her face??
I want my woman to see they can be fun for females also

Last edited:

Sevo

damn your lucky Sevo :-D
got any pics of her driving it with a smile on her face??
I want my woman to see they can be fun for females also

Thanks Chris, I do feel lucky to have her. I still dont know what she sees in me!!

Here she is at the Uwharie MV rally last weekend. She was cooking up a storm on the MKT and riding shotgun... she is going to learn to drive next!!

hope these help get yours into them

Attachments

raven853

xm211

Just purchased an XM 211 (1952) The old guy I'm getting it from said it was from a great rescue attempt that he was on. How do I verify numbers?

Thank you!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Raven, welcome to the site. Posts like above require it's own thread. We try to keep related topics in the same threads.

airmech3839

Yeah my old lady isn't all that old either! She is warming up to the idea. She is hoping I will shut up after I get it! Ha! Not likely! Thanks all! SEVO and his girl is good peoples!