• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my transfer case ate a bearing

rattlecan6104

I have been running around for a bit with a nice little noise that can best be described at the time as a carrier bearing going out. I had a friend who runs an offroad shop ride with me trying to help me pinpoint the source of the sound. Nearest we could figure is it was the transfer case. I had never drained it, however have always checked the fluid level and it was always good. When we drained it, we found about a cubic inch of metal shavings attached to the magnetic plug, few chunks here and there, and what appears to be both steel and brass shavings. It is safe to say this warrants a replacement T-case.

That being said, I am located in Oak Harbor, Washington. Does anyone know of an airshift T-case for sale near by or that can be shipped here? Under recent circumstances my deuce has become my daily driver and I need to minimize downtime. all help is appreciated.

x-ray

I would say its likely. If anything its a risk and when it goes, the truck is dead where it happens.

I got a M109 restored, When I got it on the road, it was making some additional vibrational noise from the T-case and I had a mechanic friend familiar with Heavy equipment check it. Found some metal chips and said it could go today or it could last a long time, but its on borrowed time. Three days later It locked up on my and I was dead on the road. Fortunately I was being cautious, and was only about 2 miles from home - taking it on short runs only.

New T-Case is in it now and its smooth and happy drving again.