• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my truck is on the move

snowtrac nome

my truck is on the move now last check showed it half way between Seward and Seattle. will spend a few days loading cargo in seward than on to Nome. I stuck a pic of the service box that was mounted in Seattle. the crane didn't make it on this trip it will have to come on another boat, but this is a good start as my 89 dodge is on her last legs and needing a frame up rebuild real bad

Attachments

snowtrac nome

first part of this week I was in unakleet working on some fuel trucks and reprograming a pats system in a dreaded ford. im working on finishing up some hydraulic replacement on a tellahandler and rebuilding an asv undercarriage on a cat skid steer. than its off to replace a head on a cat 966 g and a trip back to unk for more work down there as their resources are a bit limited as far as mechanics with the equipment there and additional summer marine work I' considering pre placing a contact truck down there so I don't have to tote tools back and forth.

snowtrac nome

ihttp://www.alaska-logistics.com/voyages.html f you all are interested here is how logistics work up here where there are no roads. the yellow marker has my truck on board

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is pretty cool! I've spent a ton of time out at Dutch, and been to barrow and nome a few times via ice breaker. I love it up there. Heck I have even been to little diomede island. So does amazon prime still get 2 day shipping up there?

snowtrac nome

checking the website today they are out side Dillingham today hopefully on their way to Bethel sometime tomorrow than if weather cooperates and they can get over the Yukon kusko delta. than its a 3 day trip to nome . I'm worried about delays,because there is a bering sea storm brewing,winds out of the south will drop water levels on the yk side because the wind blows all the water to the nome side of Norton sound this has been quite a recovery bought the truck from gov plannet in November picked it up in seattle than dropped it off with the upfitter for the service box now sitting all winter waiting on the barge its been on the barge since the 25 th of may hoping to see it arrive right around my birthday.

snowtrac nome

So u are all the way up in nome
yes people find it hard to believe that we have a town like this where you cant drive to noticed you are from Kentucky I have some customers up here from your neck of your woods they building a dredge with a couple of isb cummins surplus engines

snowtrac nome

good news my truck arrived I will put up pics as soon as my kids return my data cord for my phone. took my wife out for a ride on the beach the ride was impressive along with how nicely it preformed in the sand with the ctis. after a few miles on our roads up here I can attest to the fact this is the perfect truck for operation up here. I no longer come home feeling like I have whiplash now I need to get the frame extended and rear bumper lowered to a reasonable level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks