• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My wife informed me I can't buy anymore toys

springbok

After a Unimog, a 5 ton, 3 80s ear Mercedes GWagons and now two HUMVEEs I have officially been cut off.
No more toys allowed.
Honestly I am shocked she let me go this far.. What a great wife...

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh that's no problem to get past, you simply need to obtain a satellite facility and neglect to tell her about it. Or my other favorite, "Oh that truck, so and so is storing it here for the time being until he can pick it up".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, I don't have much but my wife is still a little befuddled. I only have 3 CUCVs and 2 trailers but I'm storing an M200 with genset, a car trailer with a knuckleboom on it, a deuce wrecker and an enclosed car trailer. The other day I had the tan CUCV that I've had a couple of years out in the driveway. Got the 20 questions about who's is it and how long has it been there. Last year she assisted me in swapping out the rear axle assy in it! LOL

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if she took one that makes you short one.
So you can at least get one more.
Make it a good one

springbok

Mike, we agreed after the 998 she would change the password on my GP and GL account. He reasoning was, if you look you will buy..
She has 2 purses and 4 pairs of shoes so that would not help much..
To be honest, in many ways she is the perfect wife. Married her 2 weeks after we met, 21 years ago.
She is also Afrikaans so very different mindset. In a good way..
Being an MD she is happy to have access to a HUMVEE in case she needs to get to work in the snow.

Mike82ndABN

My girlfriend is a bit upset she has to duck under the left rear quarter panel to open the dryer door. I'll eventually buy some duct hose and relocate the dryer. Priorities

KaiserM109

After a Unimog, a 5 ton, 3 80s ear Mercedes GWagons and now two HUMVEEs I have officially been cut off.
No more toys allowed.
Honestly I am shocked she let me go this far.. What a great wife...
Give the lady a big hug! I’ve been cut off after 2 trucks and 4 trailers (I don’t count the M105 I sold for a $100 profit). At least you got a couple of HUMVEEs before the door slammed down.

I have sleep in my M109!

RE “Married her 2 weeks after we met, 21 years ago”: we got engaged 2 weeks after we met and married 3 month afterward, 43 years ago. It doesn’t take long to recognize a good thing, does it?

About pulling the wool over her eyes, I made the mistake on my first truck of having her take care of the EUCs and titles. SHE KNOWS WHAT I HAVE, but she did drive the chase car when we picked up the 5 ton and drove it from Ft. Benning, GA to Texas, then on to Denver 13 months later. She also worked the hoist when I had to take the fan assembly off the 5 ton under a highway overpass in Jackson, MS.

sully199

I had the same issue with keeping my Chopper and Harley at the house, So I did what any smart man would do, brought my Harley to my business. Out of sight out of mind. Never heard anything about it after.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With 26 jeeps, trucks and Humvees, my wife doesn't know when a new one shows up, nor has she ever complained. Of course with 30+ high grade guitars and a studio full of electronics, I don't know when she gets something new and I don't complain either. We got together a week after we met 19 years ago, we are doing something right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks