• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My WMO Setup

ARYankee

Here are some pictures of my pump setup that I bought along with a few mods done to it. I bought a 12 volt setup from Redline. I added the piping. I have a straight run and a filtered run. I am still thinking of adding more filters to the filter side though. I am planning on extending the power cable along with having a cable with the switch attached. The current configuration is a 2 person operation and I would like to get it to where I could go it alone if I have to. I am also going to replace the fuse set up with a breaker. Any questions or comments are welcomed.

Attachments

'48Chevy6

It sure is purty. Now go get it covered in oil.:grin:

You will end up with a few more filters. That is a really strong pump, you may consider putting your three filters on the intake side, that way you can't collapse them from pushing too much through a clogged filter.

Keep us posted.

Tim

ARYankee

It sure is purty. Now go get it covered in oil.:grin:

You will end up with a few more filters. That is a really strong pump, you may consider putting your three filters on the intake side, that way you can't collapse them from pushing too much through a clogged filter.

Keep us posted.

Tim
First part is done. These pictures are from a couple months ago before I really started using it. Now it has oil on it :)

Thanks for the suggestion about adding some more filters. I plan on toying around with a few different filter setups to see what works best.

oddshot

Nice clean, portable system!

I changing out to metal ball valves. On a portable system a plastic ANYTHING in the setup will someday be a problem.

Plumb it for gauges too.

They make diagnosing a problem so much simpler.

oddshot

paulfarber

PVC pipes are not really an issue if you add in a relief valve that will dump back into the pumped tank. But the cost of PVC really doesn't save you much over iron/brass fitting. Fit the relief valve after the motor and before the first filter.

Gauges!!!! Before the first and after the last filter.

One thing that I will be looking into are quick disconnect fittings on the hoses I use. Threads can leak and get stripped... some cheap 1/2in QD's should make getting things together and apart a snap.

Good job.. looks purty.

ARYankee

No water separator. Not yet at least.

I use the PVC pipe to go into whatever I am sucking out of. It is 1/2". I have a screen on the end for the big stuff.
At the moment I am using hose fittings and I have caps for all the ends. I do plan on adding some gauges along with some other things. I wanted to try it out and see how it went and then evaluate from there. So far it has been great. Just needs a few modifications here and there.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PVC pipes are not really an issue if you add in a relief valve that will dump back into the pumped tank. But the cost of PVC really doesn't save you much over iron/brass fitting. Fit the relief valve after the motor and before the first filter.

Paulfarber, Do you have an example of the relief valve you would use?
Thanks!!

oddshot

I'm not afraid of a burst from pressure ... Since mine is meant to be portable ... my concern is that I'll crack or break that flimsy looking ball valve on mine just moving it around.

oddshot

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't understand the "pressure gauge before the first filter and after the last filter". Why have one after? I use a gauge befor both of my filters and it helps a lot.

paulfarber

The gauges before the first filter will tell you if the first filter is clogged (and if so, the relief should open). The one at the end is to gauge drop across the filter media to gauge hoe clogged the media is. You *could* get away with one at the front, but its much more accurate to get a differential pressure to measure filtering ability. Plus a gauge is < $10, $8 if you search for them.

The easiest relief valves are 20-30psi boiler relief valves... then have male pipe threads on both sides and are very foolproof. Most poly bags and media filters can take 30PSI no problem. PVC can take much, much more... but blowing out the filters is the main concern.

randini

One of the things I have done is cap the intake pipe, and drill holes on the side of the intake. I dont know if it makes any difference, by it seems to me there would be less crap taken in, since you are not on the bottom of the tank. Or just have a shorter intake. You also can wrap screen around the pipe easier the the end of the pipe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks