• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My WMO setup

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I almost got my WMO filter system competed.
The pump and one filter elements I got from Kipman.
I test ran the pump with a drill motor and it worked great, I got 5 gals. of filtered wmo in no time at all.

Just need to find some way to power the pump. The pump has a 5\8" 9 spline shaft on it.
Has anyone found something to use with the 5/8" shaft?

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you give a little more info on exactly what we are looking at ?

Frodobaggins, I guess I need something that can fit the spline and then maybe I can put a pulley on it. Not sure what I need for a drive system.

I did have a peace of hose and a hose clamp that I used to test it with a drill motor. But I do not think the drill would last long.

Thanks!!

frodobaggins

Frodobaggins, I guess I need something that can fit the spline and then maybe I can put a pulley on it. Not sure what I need for a drive system.

I did have a peace of hose and a hose clamp that I used to test it with a drill motor. But I do not think the drill would last long.

Thanks!!
I'm sorry I didn't explain properly. I meant could you explain the system a little bit better. I'm still chewing on your shaft problem, which I DID understand :)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry I didn't explain properly. I meant could you explain the system a little bit better. I'm still chewing on your shaft problem, which I DID understand :)
I understand now!![thumbzup]
The first filter is a 30 micron, 2nd is a 10 micron water sep. and the 3rd is a 2 micron.
See that what you are asking?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What filters are those? What micron rating?

I'm kind of going back and forth on whether to go with a filter setup or shell out for a centrifuge.
The first filter (Left side) is a 30 micron, I got the housing from Lowe's and the filter from SS Kipman. He had the filters for a $1ea
The 2nd is a 10 or 16 micron water sep.(same as wix 24027) and the 3rd is a 2 micron (napa 3674 or wix 33674)

I was thinking about the centrifuge also, but for the cost right now I think the filters will do me for a little bit tell I start driving the trucks a lot more.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If the OD of the splined shaft is 5/8", just pick up a pulley or a lovejoy coupler to connect it to an electric motor.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just so it has been posted somewhere on the site, I recommend an adjustable speed motor. I use a piston style pump and can control the speed/pressure in the filter system by giving it more air or less air. If you find a treadmill on the side of the road, grab it. They have adjustable speed motors in them.

Rattlehead

surpluscenter.com has a lot of couplers, etc. Do you know the displacement of that pump? That might help you determine how fast to turn it. Also, is there a pressure relief somewhere? That pump could put out some serious pressure if you put enough hp into it.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
surpluscenter.com has a lot of couplers, etc. Do you know the displacement of that pump? That might help you determine how fast to turn it. Also, is there a pressure relief somewhere? That pump could put out some serious pressure if you put enough hp into it.
I did find some couplers from surpluscenter.com, Thanks!!

But I do not know the displacement of the pump.
Also do you have remediations for the pressure relief valve?

Thanks!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks