• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My working deuce

rwelker

I read the forums every day but seldom have much to say. Here's three pictures of my "working deuce". It's a 1971 AM General M35A2 which is a desest storm vet. It was in horrible shape when I got it for the hauling. No doors, rusted cab, head gasket blown, wrecked bumper, rusted bed. A winter project 3 years ago and I've been using it since to haul stone, move my backhoe, and haul coal. I've replaced a fender, replaced the cab, built the hardtop, framed the doors, modified a civvy dump, made a snowplow mount (9 foot Western). It has a new heater, upgraded to a LDS4651A this summer. Many say you can't keep a LDS engine cool in a deuce but I have trouble getting this one to 180 degrees with a new radiator even in the summer hauling stone. I singled it out when I did it 3 years ago and just 3 weeks ago modified a set of wheels and installed 14.5R20 XLs and a set of M36A2 rear springs. I've been collecting parts for a "100% stock" M35A2 which will be built from the frame up with all new/rebuilt components. It will be the parade piece. More pics to come but it was too cold today to mess around more. (10 degrees).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks