• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Xm813a1 is Home... time to get to work!

2buells

Picked up this little gem from Camp Dodge, IA on Friday... It is a runner!

Ray(RRRR) took me up in his custom M932a1 in case we needed to drag it back. The guys on the lot had it running and drove it out to us where we checked the engine oil and coolant levels. After the paperwork we drove to a gas station about a block out of the base.

Had all the tools and fluids required to service the truck including filters... only needed some grease and some gear oil(added a little to each differential) Fully greased the truck, checked all fluid levels and adjusted tire pressures for the 360 mile trip. Cleaned up, had a bite to eat and on the road in about two hours.

The drive was uneventful, ran about 50mph, truck has a very nice ride! Can't say enough about the spring seat, it sure beats the box seat that was in my M54a2!!!

All the gauges work along with the brand new push button light switch, speaking of lights all of those work as well(even the B.O. Lights)

It seems I came across a good one here, only have a couple issues...

The interior desperately needs a coat of paint, It's flaked off everywhere showing what looks like Semi-Gloss OD underneath.

And before anyone says anything I did not preview this truck, I did not expect to win it for the price I paid. That being said it is missing the PTO and driveshaft for the front winch :doh: No ones fault but my own so now it's time to find the missing parts and put it back together.

I'll post another want ad in the classifieds.

A very big thanks to Ray for taking his time to drive over 600 miles to help a friend pick up a truck! Couldn't have done it without you! [thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

rrrr

It was a blast ! It really couldn't have gone any smoother.

I can't believe how well your 813 runs. This will be a great truck once some of the cosmetics are taken care of.

I will be looking for those parts as well for you.

It seems the GL lot up in IA has had some issues so they really don't want you around once you get your vehicle.

Attachments

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score! Great looking truck. Having a talented friend like rrrr im sure you guys will have that truck 100% in no time. It looks like its 99% already though. Are you going to be doing any customizing? Good luck with it.[thumbzup]

ranchhopper

It was a blast ! It really couldn't have gone any smoother.

I can't believe how well your 813 runs. This will be a great truck once some of the cosmetics are taken care of.

I will be looking for those parts as well for you.

It seems the GL lot up in IA has had some issues so they really don't want you around once you get your vehicle.
The big problem is the staff up there IANG were very helpful but were taken advantage of by GL. When they found out these guys were going out of their way to help it soon got to the point it was expected of them they had enough so now its changed.

2buells

Thanks Guys, I haven't yet decided if I will be keeping this one or not... So for right now no real custom stuff just cleaning and some touch up painting.

If I keep it the list of things I would to do seems endless! Just going to wait and see what happens

2buells

Well I've been doing some touch up painting and general cleaning, have done 2 events already with it. One this past weekend for a wounded soldier, Maybe RRRR will post up some pics.

I'm quite pleased so far, not a drop of anything leaking on the ground and starts up instantly every time. I'm still looking for a few parts but I hope to find those soon enough.

Thanks for all the info you guys are so willing to provide!

2buells

Picked up some 53's from Andy1234 this spring along with with wheels from Gimpy uploadfromtaptalk1355197963978.jpg

We balanced them with airsoft pellets, I must say the ride is pretty nice!uploadfromtaptalk1355197985374.jpg

Last edited: