• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mysterious air seeping out from under dash/normal or not ?

hokie8358

I ve noticed since getting 925a2 in last 5 weeks that there's an inline strainer or moisture collection bowl under dash behind were air line goes in at winch controls. There's a threaded cap to bottom but no cap! This is way I purchased it! I attached a pic to see if anyone else's trucks or tractors may have this. So is normal or did this get added in 08 during refurb. At red river?
I have noticed that air leaks out faster in the secondary tank after truck is off!
In 20-30 mins air is at 30psi from 120. While primary is barely at 95 psi.
So should I cap it or let it seep out! Hope you guys can help! My first 5 ton 93 model! Thanks

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
That little air catch thingy is on the air supply line to the CTIS valve body. You can unscrew it dont loose the little o ring that sits on top. They all leak out the bottom you can take the inside valve piece out and usually screw a normal schrader valve into the bottom.

hokie8358

so whats the overall purpose of the collection inline strainer for the ctis?
and superman are you referring to unscrewing the bowl and take out the internals? and just to be clear. you are or are not suppose to cap off the bottom? because some people I ve talk to , don't have them on there rigs. and sum seem not to know. thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It is a air filter/catch can for the ctis feed. The cup part unscrews from the top. The filter piece will stay on the top assembly but you can unscrew it separately. Take the cap off the bottom and flip the cup upside down the guts will fall out. Screw in a schrader valve. On top of the cup sits a small o ring its easily lost under the dimly lit dash.
Will

hokie8358

It is a air filter/catch can for the ctis feed. The cup part unscrews from the top. The filter piece will stay on the top assembly but you can unscrew it separately. Take the cap off the bottom and flip the cup upside down the guts will fall out. Screw in a schrader valve. On top of the cup sits a small o ring its easily lost under the dimly lit dash.
Will
I just was making sure as to not mess up or trash the ctis some how by inadvertently taking it off or capping it off. knew it had to be placed there for a reason!!! lol
just was trying to jeep more air psi in that secondary tank! it bleeds off pretty good and with the treaded plastic bottom, well I thought I may just screw a cap on it and be done! my luck it would ve blew cap off under pressure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks