• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mysterious fluid behind fording plug.

603hellmutt

So was going through and greasing my u-joints today and I noticed that my fording plug was in, and from everything I've read it should not be and should be stored in the threaded pocket.
When I removed it there was a very odd non viscous liquid behind it it's not dripping out after the plug was removed so not sure what it is.
It has an orange/red hugh and looks nothing like motor or tranny fluid in my opinion. Doesn't seem to be water and do sent have any smells other then a light oil.
Any idea what it may be?
Should I try and clean the bellhousing out with some type of spray?
Appreciate the advice.
1467579887208399730534.jpg20160703_165524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jbayer

So, you've called it both a "folding plug", In the thread title, and then a "forming plug" in thread text. I'm assuming you mean the "Fording Plug"? It would probaly be a good idea to to use some Brakecleen, and spray it out a little just so it just does'nt keep dripping. Gear oil has a very identifiable smell, so probably just motor oil. If not dripping/running out, I would not be to concerned.
Maybe a Moderator can fix thread title.

Last edited:

jbayer

Spelling helps the next persons search. You could pull the inspection cover, and just have a look around in there to be safe. Can't think of what kind of oil that could be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks