• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mysterious Transmission Leak?

cpf240

I see the diagram, and it really looked like it was coming from hat region! It was above the starter and that line is definitely soaked, so I dont think that the thicker cooler lines go around that area... I guess it's still theoretically possible for it to be dipstick stuff but I'm very doubtful by this point since there's no signs of it running down it. Once I get the chance, I'm gonna fill the trans again and idle the truck and try to see where it gushes out of, it's just hard to catch since it happens so fast!
Maybe try disconnecting the vacuum line at the modulator on the trans and see if fluid comes out?

86m1028

You can remove the trans cooler lines & inspect them.
I've spliced one before (it had rubbed a hole in it)
When they are out you can measure them, buy the closest length of steel tubing & use the old ones as guides to bending new ones.

The steel vacuum lines runs from the modulater up the top of the bell housing to the vacuum pump.

Still recommend removing trans & tcase & resealing it.
It is leaking from just about every place it could.
Freshen it up & go thru the t-case while your at it.
You will be time & money ahead.

Im betting your "main" leak is from the tranny lines.

Last edited: