• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Air Connect

Zadvark

Doing a rebuild on the Air Dryer (see to the far left) on my 923A1 and I spotted a tee that was installed with a quick disconnect. Not very convenient for practical use but reservists can be a wiley bunch :). Any thoughts as to their reasoning?

mystery.jpg

MtnSnow

Reasoning?.........How about allows them to hook up a standard air hose that has the female portion of a quick disconnect without the use of a glad hand coupler.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We put them on trucks parked in the shop so they can be aired up and rolled outside quickly. The fire-trucks I've seen have their own hose that keep the tanks full all the time. Very handy.

Zadvark

I really do get that you can use it as take off air or keep the tanks full for a quick deployment. It's just in a pretty inaccessible place up in the frame rail on the inside. Thanks for the replies friends.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That was put there by someone so they could put air to the system WITHOUT the engine running noise when looking for air leaks.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

I really do get that you can use it as take off air or keep the tanks full for a quick deployment. It's just in a pretty inaccessible place up in the frame rail on the inside. Thanks for the replies friends.
What I want to know is what that other part is it looks like a vent off of an axle. uploadfromtaptalk1458751859088.jpg

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not use the emergency gladhand on the front or rear? I've aired up via the front gladhand without running the engine. Seems simpler that adding more fittings and additional plumbing.

porky69

Looks like a Schrader valve to me. Use a tire chuck if you don't have the right quick coupler. Same could be said about not using the front glad hand, only works if you have a matching glad hand, this gives you two more options.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than that it looks like the pop off valve to me, another reason I say that is because that is what normally in that position on the truck in that tee.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zadvark.
Clear this up, crawl under there and remove the cap to that Schrader and take another picture. Neat little mod if you have the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks