• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Marking on MUTT

Madmedic

Restoring a MUTT and while stripping the paint, found a "Yellow Bat" painted on the original 1st layer of paint. Does anyone have any information on what this emblem was for? Or what unit it was used by and when?
IMG_2624.JPG

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Attachments

nattieleather

If you restore the MUTT with the original markings then you can say.....
wait for it.....

To the Batmobile!

Hehehehe. That's cool that you found that on your truck though!

Madmedic

Originally, the plan was to restore it with markings honoring the previous owner. He was a medic in Viet Nam and had put his old unit markings on it. In one of the pictures on the information web page posted earlier, there is a jeep shown with a Serial/Hood number of 2P 7000. This jeep's serial number is 2P 7020. That combined with the bat is full proof that the jeep was used in Nam by that unit. So now,,,,,,,,, I'm going to restore it with 101st Markings, keep the bat, and put my friend's name on the windshield. That way we still honor him as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks