• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Mercedes Part Can You Identify This?

halftrackusa

Ok so a friend of mine gave me this Mercedes hood because he knew I had a Unimog. It is all aluminum, 53 ½" long and 19" wide. I have not found any variation of Unimog that has this hood on it. It is marked that it was shipped to Mercedes in New York and also has a Mercedes tag on it. Any ideas what vehicle it is for?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

I don't know what a unimog is, but I do know the Mercedes SL's as I have three of them.

If the one part was in vinyl, I would say it was a convertible top trunk cover for a Mercedes SL. Mine are 560SL's built in86-89, and that is a close fit, but not exacting, so I woud look at some of the earlier models. You may have a very expensive part if pre-70's, and it is in fact a hood for convertible top storage between the seats and the trunk. Good luck.