• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Part/Forum Thread

GoISU

Hey all,

I stumbled across a thread a couple days ago on SS that I need to revisit. I tried searching for it an came up empty. My buddy has a M1008 that is leaking from the water separator (if that is even the right part). The part is located on the firewall, up high, passenger side. The part seems to be over pressurized and leaks around the edges. Could this be due to water or air in the fuel system? He recently did the fuel filter and to the best of his knowledge bled the system. Any thoughts on what the problem could be would be appreciated.

The thread I want to revisit talked about the plate behind this part. There was a small round part that snapped into the plate and sticks out the edge with wires and a connector. The thread talked about how the wrong part is easy to buy and wont fit due to the edge of the plate being too small. If this rings any bells please post a link or a search term that will help me find the original thread. I looked through the entire 11 pages of CUCV FAQ and didn't see what I was looking for.

Also, if anyone has any Diesel Shop recommendations for the Chicago Metro area please feel free to pass them along. Thanks in advance!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GoISU,

Welcome.

First off, use the ADVANCED SEARCH feature. It works way better than the regular search feature. I can't say why, but it does.

The ONLY PLACE any water goes into or through the firewall is into the cab heater. So use heater or in cab heater or something like that in your advanced search feature.

Again, welcome.

GoISU

Thanks all. I still wonder where that thread is. I figured it was the fuel filter as well. Anyone else had an over pressurization issue? It's a pretty significant amount of fuel that is escaping around the edges. On to try the advanced search function. If i find that elusive thread i will post it up.