• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery parts in the fuel tank

stevegr

Found these parts in the Deuce's fuel tank. Anyone know what they are? The long one has some sort of brown material inside the white plastic casing. It is cabled to the filler neck. I assume it might have something to do with killing the bacteria in the fuel but that's a wild guess. The short white one which I have removed from the tank was found in where the pump and sending unit are. I assume it was the float on an old sending unit. The new sending unit has a brass float. I looked at the illustrated parts list and didn't find either one of these two parts listed.

Attachments

Bill W

Plastic bulb goes on the end of the swing arm off the fuel sender. The tube with the slits in it is/was a water absorbing device

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when i pulled my fuel pump, i found the old float from the fuel sender bobbing around in there along with parts from an old fuel pump (3 flat plates) that must have been changed by uncle sam. If your digging around in your fuel tank for inspection purposes, pull the pump and check the depth it is set at. the correct dimensions is in the TM, but mine was set 2 inches too high. i lowered it down per the TM. I dont run my deuce low on fuel, but its nice to know its where it should be now.

stevegr

Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought about checking the set depth of my pump but I was in a hurry. I'll pull the pump again and check the height. Fortunately, my pump had already been replaced with one that had the end plate riveted on with two rivets. I did find an old corroded end plate in the bottom of the tank though.