• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery valve question

v8jeeptj

When I pop the hood on my 1009 there is some type o bleader valve mounted to the side of by coolant resevoir. It has a chain attached to it and appears to tap off of some type of coolant line that run up to the cooler mounted to the radiator. When i followed them back they seem to attach just above where the oil filter is.

What is this valve?

Jersey4x4

That is the engine oil sample valve. With the engine running, remove the cap, open the valve and oil will come out of the fitting. We used small pill bottle sized plastic jars for sampling. Send the oil out to be tested, if it failed for any reason, we would pull the engine and replace it. Also can take oil PSI reading from there if required, by using a STE/ICE or just a manual gauge.

Is this for engine oil or transmisson? Should oil flow from it when the valve is turned or does the motor need to be running?