• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery wire

Hiram

Ok while cleaning up some rust in the M1009 floorboard, I cut a wire, its black with a white stripe, runs from under the fusebox area along the door sill and then under the driver seat and dissapears under the seat mount. It HAD a black plastic connector about 6" from the seat bolt.

Any idea where it goes? I went undeneath and dont see anything in that area.

Thanks

Hiram

cpf240

Yes, there is, or was... the buzzer is above the fuse box as I recall. There should also be a "Fasten Seatbelt" light that comes on when you start the truck.

m1009Aaron

That is what it is. I too was pondering the purpose of that wire when I removed the flooring to also check for rust, but found out what it was when looking through a wiring schematic.

blackhueys

Mine broke along time ago never fixed it and I have no issues besides the buzzer not working lol. I am fastidious about wearing my seat belt so it is no big deal to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks