• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystik 15w50 in m1009?

armytruck63

I would recommend either Shell Rotella 15W-40 or Delo 400 15W-40, both of which meet the latest CD specifications. Neithrr is cheap, but then neither is an engine rebuild.

If you're gonna buy from O'Reilly's...they almost always have gallons of Delo 400 15w40 or Mobil Delvac 15w40 on sale in the $11-12 range. I usually buy which ever of those two oils are on sale and a Wix oil filter.

I don't have any 1st hand experience with the Mystik but I've heard it's a good, underrated oil. Lot of farmers and motorcyclists use Mystik oils in tractors and bikes. I've also heard it's cheaper at farm/tractor stores than at O'Reilly's. But there too I don't have personal experience. There is no real need for the 50 weight stuff though...not in a 6.2 diesel anyways. 40 weight is fine.

I'm sure it's a good oil. I think Mystik is owned by Citgo but made in the US if that makes a difference to you.

Last edited:

Al Harvey

I'd go with WIX. Not a fan of Fram filters. Every Fram filter that I have seen cut open is just paper and is collapsed on itself. I run Wix filters in everything I got and have no problems with them.

I tend to stay away from Fram filters. They use cardboard endcaps, cheap weak bypass springs, and they use inferior filtering elements.

I use Wix or Napa Gold (made by Wix) filters. ACDelco filters are pretty good, but the ones that fit the 6.2 diesel have less oil capacity than most other filters.

Skinny

I buy WIX from Napa and usually shop around at my local Tractor Supply for oils unless Napa is running a sale. Rotella 15W-40 or Napa brand for this guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks