• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Naive question...What do you do with your Deuce?

ajsmith184

So I am a newbie getting hooked on the MV scene...Now looking more and more seriously at a deuce...Then my wife asked a good question.."What will you do with it?" Good question..Id love to drive it around town..maybe help out with local parades....Is that about the extent you guys use them for?Anybody use them for any unique civilian use? Just curious, sorry if this is a stupid question...

ajsmith184

I wasnt asking what do you do TO it..But rather what do you do WITH it...What is it doing with a majority of the miles members are putting on it?

flyxpl

I take my three year old girl to daycare in my M35A3 . She gets pretty upset when we have to go in a normal car or truck . Take it to Dairy Queen . Take it just about anywhere I want to go , as long as I am in no hurry .

The only really stupid question is the one someone was too embarassed to ask.
So far, the majority of the miles I put on my deuce was bringing it the 580 miles home from the previous owner's house. After I do the bob job on mine, I'll be using it to move half-way across the country. I understand many of the deuce owners here on SS use thiers for parades, veteran's funerals and other such purposes. I've read where a couple guys use thiers for taking thier kids scout troops on camping trips and other outings. Many MV owners take them to car shows and other events to show them off. Call us attention whores if you want but if we didn't dig the attention, we wouldn't drive them. The reasons for MV ownership are vast and diverse, but one thing we all share is the love of our old slow green iron. And then there's the "prepper" aspect, but I don't need to write that novel here! lol
To me, a well cared for deuce and a half is so much cooler (and bigger) than any $60,000 truck on the road that some snot-nosed rich kid talked mommy and daddy into buying for him! You know, like the ones you see in "Truckin" or "Offroad" magazine. The ones that are set up for off-road conditions but they never take them out there for fear of scratching thier $7000 paint jobs.
:driver:

Last edited by a moderator:

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
toenails

The smarta..... answer to her is that working on it will keep you occupied so she can go to toenail painting parties with her girlfriends! In my case I am taking the M35A2 and spending all of August with my wife, daughter and her kids on a month long trip on the AlaskaCanada Highway with the MVPA. Yes, we are taking lots of parts and tools.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is a used motor oil recycling center. I can turn used motor oil into motive power. Other duties my personal trucks have performed; parades, camper, off road vehicle, moving truck, yard work, materials delivery, storage, service vehicle, portable air compressor, vacation vehicle, tow truck, anchor point, road block, grocery getter, tree relocation, sod busting and more I can't think of. Did I mention that they are fun to drive.

SMOKEWAGON66

Mine is mostly just something to occupy my time with something I love...basically a hobby. A noisy, smelly, slow, and head turning hobby lol.:beer:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
One of my favorite memories is going to Lowes to pick up two pallets of Quickcrete......the guy said do you want it delivered.....I said no...just put it in the back of my pickup truck......he said I can't do that it will crush the suspension.......I pointed out the duece and said "I don't thinks so".

There were a bunch of other guys picking up material and when I left they all had a bad case of "truck envy".

Once you get one you will find reasons to get one.

I drove my new M927 to the local hardware store yesterday to get some fittings....they didn't have them.....went on to the local parts houses and parked right in front of NAPA.

I made a big splash at the gun store today......parked out front and drew a crowd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks