• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Name for my HMMWV

92'M998

Hi - My daughter has recommended the name Valkyrie. I think it's appropriate and dignified for such a great vehicle. Desert Storm one was named Rommel.

J

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure I would name my vehicle after an angel of death that transport the souls of worthy soldiers that die in combat to Valhalla.
I have many images of Valkyries but this is by far my favorite, no idea who Omen is..
valkyrie_by_omen25011.jpg

Last edited:

92'M998

Not sure I would name my vehicle after an angel of death that transport the souls of worthy soldiers that die in combat to Valhalla.
I have many images of Valkyries but this is by far my favorite, no idea who Omen is..
View attachment 805355
Hi - Understand. Valhalla is a respected and hallowed place for such brave warriors. The Valkyrie is not an angel of death, but an honored transport for a warrior to be perpetually honored. in Valhalla.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that's how they sell it, in actuality I am afraid it is a camp of relentless and brutal training so they can be called upon to fight at the pleasure of the God Odin

92'M998

Understand. Thanks for your input. I will continue to research. But, I think methodologically Odin is preparing them for a doomsday fight and defend their way of life. J

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I enjoyed reading Norse and Greek and Roman mythology as a child, but I take my vehicle's name from the 5 good books...

My retired steel warrior is Joshua.

At a time when Moses, Miriam, and Aaron were gone or fading, Joshua rallied God's people and led us to victory to reclaim the Promised Land.

My wish is to fight by his side someday to reclaim what is true and right.

Until then, Joshua is my reminder to fight the good fight.

Last edited:

92'M998

I enjoyed reading Norse and Greek and Roman mythology as a child, but I take my vehicle's name from the 5 good books...

At a time when Moses, Miriam, and Aaron were gone or fading, Joshua rallied God's people and led us to victory to reclaim the Promised Land.

My wish is to fight by his side today to reclaim what is true and right.

I read you Lima Charlie. Thanks!!!

Crapgame

My wish is to fight by his side someday to reclaim what is true and right.

Joshua was the only Scout with the courage to enter the Promised Land, the others broke weak over the tales of giants living in the land. For his courage Joshua was rewarded by Yahweh.

BLK HMMWV

In my book vehicle names like nicknames should be given by others .
You will know it when you hear it because it will bring back a memory of when it broke and left you in the middle of know where .
Or it will remind you of someone you love or hate.
BH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks