• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Name that truck

akexc

OK, so I'm very new to this, and looking for a dump truck. Found someone who has one, but he is not sure what it is. Says it was originally a gas engine, converted to a multifuel. Thought it was an 8 series.

May sound silly, but can someone tell me what this is from a picture?

Thanks.

Attachments

akexc

So where would I look to see if it was originally a gas version? Or is he mistaken?

If it was gas, anything I should be concerned about re: the conversion?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So where would I look to see if it was originally a gas version?
  • Start with the data plate on the dash. It may not have been changed.
  • Look for remnants of the exhaust system routed under the truck and exiting between the right side tandems. Look for exhaust hangers or brackets.
  • Look to see if the hole in the right side fender for the exhaust stack is a clean cut, or looks to be chopped open with the "gas-ax".
  • Look for a patched hole on the floorboard above the accelerator pedal. The gassers had a foot starter switch.
  • Look for a detached engine stop cable with a round knob. (multifuels have a "t-shaped" handle.) This was routed from the upper left side of dash to a degassing valve on the carburetor on the left side of the engine compartment.
If it was gas, anything I should be concerned about re: the conversion?
Many were converted (upgraded) while still in military service. If it looks right, it probably is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks