• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Name this Trailer

Anyone know the military designation for this 35 Ft Trailer, fifth wheel style military. Formerly a command center trailer, it has 100 amp power box, lighting, paneled walls, battleship door, opening for ac unit, military non directional tires

What do you guys think it is worth in the condition shown by the pictures?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't look in great shape. It's say scrap value. You don't have to scrap it if you have a use for it, just sayin' it's not worth much more than what it's metal content is.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks like it was part of the Nike system there were a bunch of different ones and usually had a dolly for the king pin and were made to set on the ground. Also Nike trailers have shocks and coil springs on the dolly and rear axle .

Last edited:

jdknech

I have one like it I got from Redstone last year. It has a steerable axle up front and the same size tires and rims as the M37 type vehicles. The interior is similar so it may be from the same system as the one I have.
there is one of these near me for sale, how does it pull behind your 5Ton? and is the front axle in fact a dolly (and removable) or is it permanently attached? thanks

Sierra51

I have one like it I got from Redstone last year. It has a steerable axle up front and the same size tires and rims as the M37 type vehicles. The interior is similar so it may be from the same system as the one I have.
Back in the mid 80's I was a Ranger Instructor at Ft. Benning....myself and a buddy of mine re-did an old 1950 radar dish trailer just like this one....used it for a field TOC....put in a couple of double steel bunks, a fold down work table for writing grades and rewired it for lights....pulled it with a 2 1/2 ton International stake body....worked out a deal with a supply sgt. in one of the motor pools on Kelly Hill for new tires....was working on doing some bartering for steel rims....the trailer had original aluminum rims....before we could get the steel ones we had a failure one day while pulling the trailer back to Dept....metal fatigue....tore up the trailer a little, but no injuries....so if you get this and the rims are aluminum....swap out the rims asap for steel ones....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks