• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Naming of a spare part in the dashboard - Blazer K5 / Spare Parts Shop Search

Elektroman99

Does anyone know what this "trim" in the military version of the 1986 Chevrolet Blazer K5 in the dashboard is called?

4711-123456.JPG

Does anyone know a store or a spare part supplier, where you can buy replacements or replications - even directly from the USA?

So gladly links to internatoional stores and spare parts suppliers

cucvrus

I probably have the plastic trim piece, and it is cut for an M1009, but the radio plates are MIA. I threw them away years ago when I bought my first surplus CUCV's. Same as the antenna brackets and all the rear cargo covers with brackets and bows. I didn't know. I was building snowplow trucks.

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can find it here.

Elektroman99

Is there any other name for the mounting plate on the dashboard than "radio equipment stand"? I'm surprised that you can't find anything about this on eBay or elsewhere, when almost everyone removes it in their vehicle?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bracket is actually for mounting the chemical agent alarm unit (ABCA-M42), but very few civilian owners use it for that. I have not seen one with an NSN nor have I seen reference to nomenclature other than "mount bracket".

That said, the military often used them to mount intercom/communication items, rather than the alarm.

The bracket on the passenger floorboard of some CUCVs is for the chemical detection unit, AN/PSR-2

Cheers

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the part in the 34P, 14072414. Did a quick search sesrch and located this. Do not know if it helps but here is what I found.

IMG_8703.jpeg

Elektroman99

Even with the part number and various term combinations, I can't find anything on the Internet. Neither a graphic nor a parts availability. This is interesting, all I get is a TM from Google.
Does anyone have any additional ideas as to whether this part or an equivalent product can be sourced somewhere?

Elektroman99

OK, I have the trim sold by LGM. If someone
has fitted the "adapter plate", can someone take photos of this for me?
of this. In particular, I would be interested to know if the fixing screws
of the adapter plate simply drilled through the plastic amateur board trim,
or how does this work?

Does anyone know where to get this adapter plate?

@cucvrs
Basically, I need the "outer bracket" and an idea of how it is mounted on the dashboard in an M1009.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the outer plate, not the item from the manual listed above. It is attached with four bolts through the dash. I have seen them mounted this way, and flipped with the cutouts to the left.
Not all trucks have them - both my M1009s do, my buddy's M1008 does, my M1028A2 does not.

Cheers

2.jpg

Alvydas

OK, I have the trim sold by LGM. If someone
has fitted the "adapter plate", can someone take photos of this for me?
of this. In particular, I would be interested to know if the fixing screws
of the adapter plate simply drilled through the plastic amateur board trim,
or how does this work?

Does anyone know where to get this adapter plate?

@cucvrs
Basically, I need the "outer bracket" and an idea of how it is mounted on the dashboard in an M1009.
Hi,
look this https://www.hillbillywizard.com/cuc...creYA7sh23UT55dDaowUTAuXXcG4yukBPQ0k0EWdTSzRw
It looks it looks expensive, but it is, because it is quite a popular and rare item. And note, the mounting screw thread is inch not metric

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks