• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Naming of a spare part in the dashboard - Blazer K5 / Spare Parts Shop Search

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the outer plate, not the item from the manual listed above. It is attached with four bolts through the dash. I have seen them mounted this way, and flipped with the cutouts to the left.
Not all trucks have them - both my M1009s do, my buddy's M1008 does, my M1028A2 does not.

Cheers

View attachment 911737
14072415 is the part number for this item. NSN is 5340-01-164-6524. 14072414 is the metal plate welded to the dash frame that the pictured item bolts to.

Elektroman99

look this https://www.hillbillywizard.com/cuc...creYA7sh23UT55dDaowUTAuXXcG4yukBPQ0k0EWdTSzRw
It looks it looks expensive, but it is, because it is quite a popular and rare item. And note, the mounting screw thread is inch not metric

99 USD is quite a high price. For me, that adds taxes and shipping to Germany.
Maybe someone - who still has it mounted in his M1009 / M1008 - can tell me the edge dimensions. Once from the top plate and then the width of the "feet" on the dashboard.
There must be something like this with a reasonable price

Sezzo

Even with the part number and various term combinations, I can't find anything on the Internet. Neither a graphic nor a parts availability. This is interesting, all I get is a TM from Google.
Does anyone have any additional ideas as to whether this part or an equivalent product can be sourced somewhere?
I have one in my barn.

Lothar

$100 is a steep price. It's not often I can help out around here since most are much smarter than I. But I poked through a parts pile and found one this morning. There are some limitations to my freedom of moment these days so it could take some time,20231202_094308.jpg but I would be happy to send this off for no additional cost other than what it takes to ship and probably some instruction as I have never attempted international shipping.

Elektroman99

You can send it internationally via DSL Express or to my "American" PO box address. I think it's in Florida, so it's a national package. I will cover the shipping costs and please let me know, via message, what you will get in return.

cucvrus

I went looking because I felt like I should play nice. I have been very busy and I made great progress today on other projects. Remain calm. IMG_0652.jpeg The gate cable genuine GM used IMG_0649.jpeg one of my prize parts I have a set of NOS GM battery apron reinforcements
IMG_0648.jpeg wrong gate parts box
IMG_0651.jpeg
The fuel tank bracket that was welded to the floor. PM me I feel generous. It’s Christmas.

cucvrus

Now the fuel tank bracket and a dash that I removed and has the caged nuts if that is what you ate looking for. I am slow to look but I have all the parts for a CUCV.IMG_0650.jpegIMG_0649.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks