• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Napa #2098 Radiator has no provision for coolant sensor

UPDATE **** READ LAST POST Napa #2098 Radiator has no provision for coolant sensor

ok heres a pic of the passenger side of the radiator from napa #2098 thiers a place for the heater core hose 4 maybe 5 ribs down the hole close to the filler neck has a pipe plug in it and the 2 open holes are for the oil cooler lines im wandering maybe find a pipe plug to step it down to the size of the sensor i dont know any help i would be greatful thanks yall :]

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you unscrew the pipe plug and see that it is actually pipe thread, and not the correct well for the coolant level sensor?

IIRC , my upper heater hose is about 4" from the top. I could be mistaken. (it's raining out right now)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the napa pic for the radiator I bought.

Attachments

RealCavDog

:popcorn: I never fail to be bewildered ! Right location, adapter bushing availability . . . Thinking that it should work, as long as fluid gets to the sensor. Off the shelf is never as easy as it sounds, even with civi junk, add in the MV equation, and you better be shade-treeing with multiple options !

The part Number is #2098 from napa isn,t it thats the part number on the box im wandering if this was boxd wrong or if the changed the design :]

Haha your so right REAL i have learned that with parts from the aftermarket hahah i think i have it covered but we will see Doghead as u can tell from my pic that the radiators are diffrent in refrence to the fittings from the pic u show the hole on my upper hole actually looks like the same fitting for the oil cooler line but they did include a nipple to put up there for the heater hose so a little modification and hopefully i will be set thanks guys for the posts i will keep u updated :grd:

Last edited:
****** UPDATE***** Got the radiator Figured out the problem for me was my Pass side alt couldnt get it to line up The water pump where the bottom bracket bolts to was thicker by at least an 1/8th inch or more the bracket would make it were u couldnt line the alt up with the top bracket (FIX was to use the one stud at the bottom and use a regular bolt at the top with lock washer problem fixed had to pry the upper alt bracket up but got the bolt in and tightened up so we will see tommrow when i add fluids and crank it )The New GMB Water pump from advance auto parts is slightly diffrent than the one i took off but i got it to work i think i will buy a napa one next time maybe i wont have to work so hard thanks guys :][thumbzup]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks