• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA part numbers for front brake lines

mo-mudder

I had a passenger's rubber brake line blow out and need to get a new one before next Friday. Anyone know offhand if Napa or CarQuest carry these brake lines, or anything similar?

ah1955

NAPA part number for front brake lines

If you have a hyd. hose shop in your area of any size they should be able to nake one up off the old if you take it in to them so they can match fitting type and lenght.

mo-mudder

RE: NAPA Part number

Well, I picked up that Napa hose, but the fitting that attaches to the brake line (not the drum) is the wrong size. The connection on the hose is 1/4" flare, and the line is 5/16" flare, and by the time I figured that out, Napa was closed, and Autozone doesn't have anything that'll work, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if CarQuest has a 5/16 to 1/4 adapter. I guess the hoses between the early deuces and the later model deuces are a bit different.

m35a2cowner

Brake lines

Sorry to throw you a curve with the brake line number. Those did fit mine. When I was looking for replacement lines I took the old ones with me. The NAPA counter guy was able to find one pretty quickly. They had a specifications book that the guy looked through to find the right length and fitting size. Maybe, your NAPA dealer has the same thing? One thing I noticed with NAPA (and other parts houses) that it pays to deal with the ones that do the most business. Particularly ones that deal with trucks. The counter help is generally far more experienced and often enjoy a challenge of finding you something that works. There is a NAPA that is built onto a regional warehouse here in Columbus and most of those guys are awesome at finding odd parts for lawnmowers to deuces. Sorry again for the wrong number.