• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Napa part numbers for M52 Gas engine

dfanders

Gents,

I am hoping this is around...

I am working on a 1967 M52 with a continental 6602 gas engine. I am getting into the the engine parts now. I want to due a tune-up on it, change the fluids, etc. I am looking for a napa (or other auto parts store cross refrence) with this engine for the following:

Belts (air compressor , etc)
Spark plugs
distributor cap, condensor
spark plugs
Power steering fluid type
Brake fluid type
Oil filters
Oil type (GL5?)
any others specfic to this engine ?

Thanks for any help?
Cheers,
David

Last edited:

m139h2otruck

The LO manual for this truck/engine is on the site under resources, and I strongly suggest you download it. Also the TM for the same.

For the cap, rotor, points and such I would call Saturn or Memphis.
For the plugs, I got them local at a larger auto/truck supply house or you can get them from Saturn or Memphis.
The LO and TM will tell you to use older types of oil, but we use 15-40 HD engine oil in the engine and GL-5 in the gear boxes, but must be OK for "white" metals.
The two oil filters are both "bypass" type and NAPA or WIX have the right ones, just check the gaskets, as there is a large and a small. You need the large. AC # P117, Hastings # LF103.

Monty

Part #1503 is the Napa gold oil filter, I used the above part numbers and my counter guy said the ac would cross to a Napa filter.

What suprised me is he still had a book for it behind the counter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks