• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Napa secondary fuel filters

shootiniron

Just wanted to pass along that yesterday I did a complete service on my truck and when changing out the secondary fuel filters the gaskets that came with the Napa filters were just a hair to small in dia..I suppose that I could've used a blow dryer to heat them up and stretch them to fit but I opted to reuse the old ones which seem to be holding just fine.I had read of some folks having success with them but it did'nt work for me.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have ran into the same prob using non-military spec filters.
My fix was to take a dismounted filter housing to an industrial supply house and get some fat o-rings that will fit snugly into the groove in the housing.
When the filter is tightened down the o-ring expands to form a tight seal.
Whenever I settle on a permanent deuce driver I will switch to spin on filters.

Last edited:

m109guy

The gaskets that come with the filters do not fit at all. I think only one person ever posted that he got them to fit, but I have no idea what he did to do it (trust me, I have tried).

Go back to NAPA and order gaskets #5070. They fit perfectly for the secondary fuel filter assemblies. I believe they cost around $0.80-$1.00 each.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I serviced my truck the secondary fuel filter gaskets fit fine. The problem I ran into was the oil filter gaskets. I reused the old gaskets on the oil filters and as a result they are leaking a little.

I don't remember what the fuel filter # was but I can look it up if anyone needs it.

shootiniron

The spin-ons,both fuel and oil, from John are great.When I removed the oil cans what a freakin mess.I should'nt have to deal with that again.I cant bieleve the folks doin the thinkin behind these great engines would settle for having the oil cans inverted like they are.

NAPA # 3512 for the secondary's

deuceman51

The filter sets that I sell have the correct gaskets included with the filters and no one has ever told me that they have had any problems. PM me if you need some, I just got another shipment in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks