• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA # wheel cylinder bleeder screw & brake stuff

SteveKuhn

My truck came with a crimped brake line & the replacements so I'm working through the repairs. Only some are covered in the downloadable manuals and my CD hasn't arrived from MilitaryManuals yet.

- Wheel cyls aren't leaking so I'm putting off replacement. Is there a NAPA number for the wheel cyl bleeder screw? I'm not ready to order from Vintage yet. At least one is buggered beyond use - if I can even get it out. Still soaking the other 3.

- The thread that holds the line clips to the axle are loose and turn with the nut. I can bend the clips down and back for the replacement but am a bit worried about a head or whatever's on the other end coming off inside the axle casing. Comments?

Thanks.

Steve

SteveKuhn

OK. Still trying to get one out intact.

Any thoughts on problem potential from the free-spinning studs that hold the brake line clips? I can't figure out how one would replace them without tearing down the axle or perhaps welding (and they're really in pretty bad shape for that.)

Thanks.

Steve

Attachments

SteveKuhn

I ran those numbers for pricing. Pays to look. The NAPA number is $2. The Dorman number shows $7.98 at Advanced.

Now to get the bugger out and see if it works.

Thanks.

Steve