• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA....where have they gone?

AJMBLAZER

Well, that might be trouble for them since 24v is surely a limited application. I can get just about any 12v civy part for my K5 Blazer within a day but then again, they're much more common.

That said, if it's a good NAPA they have a big book o' military supply stuff and can cross reference military NSN's with parts maker's part numbers. I found stuff for Big Ugly that way fairly easily.
However it has to be a good NAPA that has or is at least aware of that book.
Can NAPA get that starter? Yes, if they look for it, find it, and order it. Will they have it in stock? No.

Screamin' Metal

AJMBlazer I asked for the 24v....and when he told me he couldn't get it, I told him that I had talked to many other M1009 owners and they said NAPA was the place to get these parts. Thats when he just shook his head no and said they were too rare to be manufactured????? I guess they are so rare that only ebay can carry them. aua
The starters on these vehicles are the only true 24 volt item.......and yes....theres a couple of relays that do thisnthat....but for starters.....I usuallu take mine to a Starter/alternator/generator place. Once you've had yours done....they'll prety much take care of ya, even with the Isolated ground alternators on these trucks........

If your going 12 volt.......yes, Napa is the place to go. You can get all the civy parts there......and I would suggest you run your truck 24 volts as long as all things stay in good working order.

Now.....when things start going downhill after about 5 or 6 years after owning the truck......and you can't get the parts.....THEN go to 12. You can jump start the Dueces, M1008/M1009 off 12 volt civy's all day long if you know what your doing and pay attention. But as long as you keep things in good working order, and have your alts and starters rebuilt by a bonafid Starter/alt./gen/ guy.....your sitting good........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks