• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nato slave charger cable

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice. Care to provide a breakdown of what you did, should others want to rig up something similar?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If something metal accidentally falls on those posts it will burn your house down. Suggest connecting the ring terminal whip from your charger directly to the Nato plug terminals.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/253297808987. Link for Nato cable on ebay.
I did purchase a amphenol connector which is not really necessary you could go directly to the Box a few 2x4 pieces a steel plate on top some eye ring terminals and some terminal post from Summit Racing done deal

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If something metal accidentally falls on those posts it will burn your house down. Suggest connecting the ring terminal whip from your charger directly to the Nato plug terminals.
I switch from two different style chargers that's why I did it this way. I'm aware of safety concerns that you have mentioned.

dav5

The noco 7200 charger ring terminals fit right on the internal connectors of the slave plug with no modifications

dmetalmiki

An arrow pointing to the offending part would have been helpful, I for one can not even see two posts anywhere on that setup.

Zed254

Upper right corner of generator, where wooden box is. I believe battery lugs have been installed there with clamps attached: they are exposed to debris.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you never use battery clamps when charging a battery. I personally work safe and try not to throw items on top of things that will short out or blow up. I have 4 to 6 batteries around on Chargers.
They are all connected with clamps. I never had any issues. I hope not be jinxed.

Zed254

No, No; not passing an opinion or judgement. dmetalmiki did not see the lugs. I was attempting to illustrate NDT's concern by answering dmentalmiki's request for a picture without a picture. It appears that you are aware of issue and your garage has WAY less debris than mine does. Your system will work fine for you and I am certainly no expert on electricity. Sorry for poor communication. Battery clamps work quite well.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very true, but like someone else in the thread mentioned... no different than any other battery charging 'in the open'. You could mitigate this concern with making a couple step-ups on the L and R sides, and screw down a piece of clear lexan or something over the tops of the terminals. You would still get visibility, but shield the immediate danger from debris creating connections over both terminals.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very true, but like someone else in the thread mentioned... no different than any other battery charging 'in the open'. You could mitigate this concern with making a couple step-ups on the L and R sides, and screw down a piece of clear lexan or something over the tops of the terminals. You would still get visibility, but shield the immediate danger from debris creating connections over both terminals.
You can also have this in line to the Nato plug for protection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

dmetalmiki

Those are Anderson Power Pole connectors. They will be my choice too where applicable.
Thank you for the qualification..And I agree with all the points raised. I personally have Plugs on every and all battery charger connectors. I actually use 'ordinary' caravan hook up connectors, or Industrial site connectors, depending on the application, and to prevent 'miss coupling' between voltages.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks