• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NATO slave receptacle uses?

justinwregier

Not really just a CUCV topic considering alot of military vehicle have NATO slave uses but today I found this online:

CPS-0001

It seems like a great unit and I was wondering if anyone on Steel Soldiers has one or an equal function alternative to having accessory power in the cab.

Also there is not a price listed for the CPS-0001 so considering cost plus function, has anyone put together a solid power adapter set up for the 24/12v hybrid CUCV?

Any comments welcome!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I found a 24v-120v inverter last year and put a slave cable recepticle on it. It makes it nice for portable power.

justinwregier

I emailed on the CPS-0001 and got a reply today...

Owner actually and on a Sunday too!

Price range for civilians is near 3k 2cents

Another item on the wishlist!

Anyway if anyone is interested in the CPS-0001 here is the info

Corder Power L.L.C
Justin Corder
President - Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
www.corderpower.com
justin.corder@corderpower.com
119 W 3rd Street
Suite 1
Redwood Falls, MN 56283
Cell: 1-812-381-0271
Toll Free: 1-877-627-2850

I've seen impact wrenches that plug into a 24V NATO slave socket. They come up on ePay once in a blue moon. I have also seen cleaning kits intended for the HMMWV that would work on a CUCV. There is a motorized brush in there.

If I ever get the money and time, I have the intention to add an air compressor to my M1009 and put an air connection next to the slave receptacle.

AN/ARC186

$3,000 is a bit much for what you are getting, nothing more than off the shelf items stuffed into a pelican case punched full of holes.(which is a waste since the pelicans claim to fame is being more water tight than a frogs butt) in addition, with a proper external heat sink the fans could be eliminated and the unit could be fully sealed.
Save your money, build it yourself.

Jones

My primary voltage is 12vdc and an EMCU-116 takes that and turns it into 24vdc for accessory needs. Haven't needed 120vac yet. Certainly cheaper than 3K.

I've got a magnetic base trouble light that plugs into the NATO sockets. Real handy for road repairs when juggling a flashlight isn't what you need to be doing in addition to everything else.
With a long enough cable and NATO plugs on both sides of the truck, it'll go anywhere I'm gonna be needing light.

Boatcarpenter

I have a slave plug divided into two bendix connectors. I use it to power the fuel pump in a spare Deuce fuel tank I put in the bed of the truck for 50 gallons of extra fuel for road trips. I can't control it from the cab yet but that is in the works I just set it up and transfer what fuel I need to add to the main tank during a rest stop.
I have a 24volt magnetic base floodlight for night use that I also can power from one of the bendix connectors.
I carry it all in my "Burn Box" along with my gladhand air line hookup and air hose for airing up my tires atc.
Pics tell it all.
BC

Attachments

stumps

I would venture that the builder of the CPS1001 is a one man shop. The reason the price is so high is because of policies that went into place during Reagan. The military stopped ordering stock amounts of such devices, and went to a system where vendors would be paid to build a prototype quantity just to prove concept. $3000 is about right to allow the builder to pay off all of his development costs, and make a small (very small) profit on 10 units.

I once built a suitcase charger for the Army in such a Pelican container. It plugged into 120V, 240V, or the 28V NATO plug, and charged any of the small rechargeable Nicad, NiMH, Lithium Ion, Sealed Lead Acid, batteries in federal stocks. The job paid about $3000 per charger.

$30K is a nice round number in government contracting because if you are under $30K, there is no requirement for competitive bidding. The contracting officer can let the contract to any vendor he deems suitable.

-Chuck

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bought a bunch of cords with a NATO adaptor on one end and a three prong civy plug on the other. They were used to operate a Fire Control Computer for Forward Air Support guys and were usually operated from a HUMVEE.
I sold/traded most of them off but the plug could be cut off and any 24 volt apparatus could be powered with it.