• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Navistar heavy truck

M1075

Looks cool! M814 is 33' long so 36' is doable.

Can someone tell me why a truck manufacturer would release promo pics and videos showing many of their trucks equipped with front tow bars? Although that seems practical, wouldn't it be better to show them stowed for use in towing other vehicles instead of representing that all these trucks are going to need to be towed sometime soon? Is it just me?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Requirement is to have the towbar in place upon delivery in the field. Makes it faster to deploy if the vehicle is damaged - swing the towbar down, hook to tow vehicle, and go. Less time in an active firefight zone the better!

mcmullag

M1075, it's just you. :D I have seen pics and vids recently of our folks in afghanistan with the latest MRAP vehicles from Oshkosh with the towbar installed, ready to go. I would guess it is for when a perfectly good vehicle gets shot up or partially blowed up, the others can grab it and take it back to base. Doesn't Navistar have enuf biz selling school buses and delivery trucks?! geez! share the wealth dudes. : )

Last edited:

Atomic

Mehhh.......Looks like a school buss with big tires but will cost you and me 10 times what it's worth and I'll bet you a year from now a scandal or the vehicle won't be allowed into combat ops or the something else will be screwed up.

:popcorn: