• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

navy m35a2c

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is not as it is pictured, the C would indicate it has a drop side bed.

Someone could have swapped the bed at some point.

m715

I am working with the seller to title this truck. From the data plate can anyone tell me who and what year this was made? I think this is a 1967 Kaiser jeep by searching vin # posted here. Also the vin is on the drivers side frame on these older trucks? Does the navy door number help in any as far as year?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go with 1967.

m715

I can see some swapping the bed, and can understand maybe they ran out o m35a2 plates. however I don't see a non turbo motor with rear exhaust and early mirrors swapped in as well.

m715

The frame serial number has been verified as 012534140. So the id plate is stamped with the frame # in the wrong location. The vin is stamped in the contract no. location. What is the 4K-8?10 number mean. Looking at the pic it looks like 4k-8810 . I searched that number and came up with nothing.

Another Ahab

The frame serial number has been verified as 012534140. So the id plate is stamped with the frame # in the wrong location. The vin is stamped in the contract no. location. What is the 4K-8?10 number mean. Looking at the pic it looks like 4k-8810 . I searched that number and came up with nothing.
Maybe bikeman can help you out.

I think maybe he's limited to only U.S. Army data, but:

- Do you know about this thread?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the military serial number.

m715

Doghead, I don't have any info on how the navy system works. When you say that 4k-8810 is the military serial number that would be different than the registration number correct? I have searched many threads here on vin# and contract # I just want my truck home and the seller to get me a title. I was told this truck had a clear title by the seller. To make things worse I am working with a woman who knows nothing about trucks. Any ss members willing to look at the photos of the info I have and tell me what year this was made and who made it I would be grateful.`

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, different number.

In the civilian world we need a vin number to get plates to drive them on the road.

In the service, they used the serial number to id a truck, along with the "vin" number.

As advised before, use 1967 for the year.

I'd use "Kaiser Jeep" as the manufacturer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This info is right out of NAVFAC P-300. The 21 on the door indicates batching. Not much use at all.
The Navy doesn't include the year in the registration number like the AF does.
Series USN 20xxxxx Crushing, Mixing, Batching and Paving Equipment
21xxxxx Batchers
22xxxxx Crushing, Washing, and Screening Equipment
23xxxxx Finishers
24xxxxx Mixers
25xxxxx Distributors and Placers
26xxxxx Spreaders and Transporters
27xxxxx Asphalt Equipment (Miscellaneous)
28xxxxx Concrete Equipment (Miscellaneous)

m715

I have canceled this sale. The seller did not have title as claimed. I want to thank all who offered help with this truck. I have instead made a deal to buy the truck listed in the classifieds here on this forum. I would much rather buy from a ss member and support our hobby anyway. Now I need to start the process of transporting my truck from nj, to ma.

Another Ahab

I have canceled this sale. The seller did not have title as claimed. I want to thank all who offered help with this truck. I have instead made a deal to buy the truck listed in the classifieds here on this forum. I would much rather buy from a ss member and support our hobby anyway. Now I need to start the process of transporting my truck from nj, to ma.
With the rally season getting underway, you might be able to recruit some help in your recovery (and maybe even a convoy), by timing the recovery right, and posting the route.

It might not pan out, but could be worth the try.

m715

My part of the world sucks concerning military vehicle's. We don't have much here That is not beat or rusted out. I wish I had access to some of the clean trucks guys get in other parts of the country. Also interest in military vehicles is not high. I don't know anyone close to me to help. This forum is full of helpful people, and much appreciated for the assistance I have so far received here.

m715

I will gladly take any help you offer. Unless something better comes up at this point I will drive the truck home. I would rather have it towed or trailered here but because it has a 105 behind it its a problem. I would like someone to fallow me in case of problems.