• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Navy trucks don't float!!!

Brad900

I found out yesterday that Navy trucks sink. Thanks to 73m819 for getting the seabee out of her little creek this morning. I was going for some light offroading (don't have my snatchblocks for the winch yet) & had to cross a little creek. 1st time no problem, 2nd time, I guess there was no 2nd time because I didn't make it. Well at least I know my winch brackets hold up under full load, having some snatch blocks would have helped & a rear winch too. I didn't take any pics of her getting pulled out becuase I didn't think she would have come out that fast.I can't thank Ron aka 73m819 enough for getting me out. I am glad this board & all of you guys are here to help a downed soldier.

Thanks again Ron 73m819

Brad

Attachments

Armada

Got Mud?? So the Army saved the Navy again.... :) :)
The strength of those front brackets supporting all that weight is amazing, .
Grat pictures! No better way to test a winch!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Way to go Ron

I think Ron should paint a little silhouette of a deuce on his door every time he comes and bails one of us out.

SixBuy

That's where the optional (not supplied) driveshaft connects to the rear of the truck in front of you... :) (So you can't get stuck!

Jones

OOps, you're right again Mike. Been staring at my rear sump CTD too long.
Thanks for trying to bail me out sixbuy... But I never said I was an ex-spurt on this stuff.

Wick246

"But I never said I was an ex-spurt on this stuff." You wouldn't know it by looking at your fab. work.

Great pics. Brad and 73m819. Was there nothing close enough for your winch to hook to?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woulda loved to be there. I can see the hecklers laughing in the background when Brad stuck the deuce. I sure would have loved to hear the silence when Ron comes wheeling around the hillside with the wrecker from hell! Good stick Brad, good recovery Ron. I need to move to the Atlanta area so I can have some fun with these clowns.

Brad900

Wick246,

There were some trees to hook to, but without a snatch block or 2 my winch couldn't pull her out, the front was too far in the mud. If I had a rear winch I could have gotten out. Maybe in the future.

I now need to pull all my hubs off & check the bearings for water, do you need to replace any seals when doing this?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey gang, go back and look at Rons pic titles "out". See where the snatchblcok is and the chain on the lift shackles? Thats how all the majority of parts trucks get the hoods pushed in at DRMO and susequently GLS. When they move the residue trucks, they take no care to prevent damage. As you can see, Ron did excersize some care and Brad's truck was retrieved safely. Again, great experience to share guys. BTW, see how little the deuce looks? If you've never seen the 819, they're behemoths.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's Hwy. 20 near Lowe's in Buford! I live near there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks