• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC Safety inspection (Wake County)

FFRCobra

My M923A2 is due for it's first inspection. I THINK I have to have it inspected in the county it's registered in as that's the norm for my other vehicles. Anyone in Wake County have a suggestion on an MV friendly location and tips for typical inspection failure items to look out for? (Besides lights and obvious items)

joey88

My M923A2 is due for it's first inspection. I THINK I have to have it inspected in the county it's registered in as that's the norm for my other vehicles. Anyone in Wake County have a suggestion on an MV friendly location and tips for typical inspection failure items to look out for? (Besides lights and obvious items)
Anything I need to be aware or prepared for my new truck??

FFRCobra

Anything I need to be aware or prepared for my new truck??
Took mine to a local HD truck repair place on recommendation from a MVPA member. Guy asked me to turn on the lights, glanced at tires and that was it. Didn't test horn, brakes, parking brake, brake lights, no COLA test, nothing. Maybe because I got there at the end of the day.

You're in a different county so can't say what you'll encounter down there.

If you just registered it you'll have a year to get it ready for its first inspection.

joey88

Took mine to a local HD truck repair place on recommendation from a MVPA member. Guy asked me to turn on the lights, glanced at tires and that was it. Didn't test horn, brakes, parking brake, brake lights, no COLA test, nothing. Maybe because I got there at the end of the day.

You're in a different county so can't say what you'll encounter down there.

If you just registered it you'll have a year to get it ready for its first inspection.
Ok...I'll look into that. I'm still waiting on the title to come in and what not. I need to call usaa and see what's up as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks