• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC to Kentucky

kymike

I'm new to Steel Soldiers and will purchase my 1st M35A3 this Thursday November 29th. I'll be driving my new purchase from Rockwell North Carolina to Louisville KY Thursday and Friday. Any thoughts and advise would be more than welcome.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
You Are crazy...I would not do it..Dry rotted tires, truck hasent been run in a long time. Insurance / legal problems if someone hits you. Not worth it...Too long of a drive...etc.. But people do it all the time..Hopefully you have seen the truck in person. The m35a3's now are the ones pulled out of the weeds, not nice trucks, some haven't been run in years.
Think hard before doing this..I know im all negitive..but You will thank me later...
Kevin..

Hooty481

Once you get in Kentucky if you have any problems you give me a holler and I can come with a tow bar. In not up to date on the a3 as knowing the secrets about them. I have a 915 and am more than willing to help. Send me a pm and I can give you my number. Good luck on your travels. I made one similar recovery, bought a m818 from GL down in Hattiesburg MS. People said don't drive it back but I didn't listen. I didn't have any trouble but man what a trip. Tires are the number one concern. Mine looked fine but one came apart about 90 miles from home. We didn't stop, just kept on trucking.

jdknech

to louisville? when you get back here look up the "KILROY club" the louisville/southern indiana MVPA club... we are also hosting the 2014 national MVPA convention at the KY state fair grounds! we are always looking for new members, and would love to have you come to our next meeting.. PM me for more info.. and if i can be of any help with your truck, let me know- Josh Knecht

kymike

Does anyone have any information on getting insurance for an M35? My family car insurance is with GEICO and they won't even insure it without the driver having a CDL.

kymike

We made it back from North Carolina about 7PM last night. The trip went well; the truck ran perfectly. We didn't get done with the inspections and sale paperwork until about 4 PM on Friday, so we ran about 75 miles Friday afternoon. Then put in about 420 miles on Saturday. Not a trip I'd like to make oftern, but I did enjoy driving that truck. Thank you everyone for your feedback and offers of help!!

kymike

Yes I was buring road diesel andgot right at 10 mpg. My wife trailed me in our car and it looks like I averaged a little less than 50 mph. Looks like the truck's speedometer is about 5 mph off; according to the tuck's speedometer I was going between 50 and 55 MPH and according to our car I was going between 45 to 50 mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks