• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NDTs on front and super singles in the rear

Hummer Guy

I'm pretty sure a lot of you remember the issue I had with the previous wheels only being able to be used on the rear. I decided to be cheap and get 2 of the 12 bolt wheels. These wheels ended up being the worst beadlock wheel I have ever mounted, I stripped 3 of the studs trying to get these things lined up and now I'm just sick of messing with these wheels. My question is if its safe to drive with the NDTs on the front and the 46s singles in the rear?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What @HDN said ! There are likely layers and layers of paint on those threads. It still is a good workout for a 3/4 impact wrench. I also recommend new 20 inch o-rings and coating them in vaseline or white grease before installing. It is frustrating to put it all together, tire and all, only to find that the darn thing leaks somewhere. I had a couple of rims that really needed special care to properly seal.
I managed to get by without a bead blaster all those years, but for those two rims I actually bought one! It slammed the beads tight and that was the end of that. Less frustration that way.

Hummer Guy

What studs were you stripping, the ones on the rim for the clamp ring or the ones on the truck hub?

I ask because I had a heck of a time getting my A3 wheels apart until it occured to me that it would be very helpful to chase the stud threads with a die first🤦‍♂️
The ones on the wheels for me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks