• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Near to completion

dmetalmiki

I have the last items needed to complete my GMC M135 build.
12 new brake bleeder nipples I have searched for for ever.
Now they are fitted, and come Saturday ( tinygpw11's help as the 'pumper', I hope to bleed up the brakes and finally take it for a test drive.

DUUANE

Thats great news. Must be an awesome feeling of anticipation. Did you sleeve your cylinders or go with new or recup?

nattieleather

Back in the mid 90s when I had my M211 I redid the brakes on her, New master, rebuilt air pack, and all new wheel cylinders and some new lines (all the rubber ones and a couple of metal ones that broke). When it came time for bleeding I had to bleed them, test drive, bleed again, test drive, bleed again, test drive and bleed one more time. You think you have the air out of the system then running up and down the road and your peddle would go down and get spongy. I did it with a friend pumping the peddle while I cracked bleeders open. Hopefully yours will go better.

dmetalmiki

Back in the mid 90s when I had my M211 I redid the brakes on her, New master, rebuilt air pack, and all new wheel cylinders and some new lines (all the rubber ones and a couple of metal ones that broke). When it came time for bleeding I had to bleed them, test drive, bleed again, test drive, bleed again, test drive and bleed one more time. You think you have the air out of the system then running up and down the road and your peddle would go down and get spongy. I did it with a friend pumping the peddle while I cracked bleeders open. Hopefully yours will go better.
Thank you, Yes it was a real pain (Literally!), bleeding them, especially with my rotater cuff injury...And I forgot to change one of the old nipples, and so, MORE pain trying to remove the b..thing!
I had new brake nipples over from a guy in Canada. They are really nice, They have internal threads inside the ends to seal with small bolts instead of rubber caps..
I did post a big thank you to him in conversations I believe. (I will find and post his place here later).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks