• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neat M135 video

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
NO WEIGHT, a lot of wheel spinning, easy way to break a truck

91W350

The old GMC we used to pick up bales with was pretty mobile. As I recall, it would go about anyplace my CJ2A would go, providing there was enough room to navigate the slow turning old boat. 8^) Glen

Oldfart

The meadow floor looked kind of boggy in the You-Tube. My sis and brother in law bought an M37 at the same time we did (way back in '63) and our first outing was to a similar looking meadow near Guanella Pass. Back then it was $200 for the off road wrecker to come winch a pair of newbies out. We had jacks and tried to lift things to get logs etc. under the wheels, but the jacks would just push what ever we put under them to spread the weight down into the bog. As one might guess, we equipped ourselves with tire chains right away and winches as soon as we could. I would think any more weight and the M211 might have high centered looking for some bottom, We always chained up the M37 front first because of the engine weight. Our M220 is another matter with all the van body weight on the rears. Thank goodness it is more of a Parade Queen.

Billy Bobbed

Lucky that limb stuck between the rearend and the gas tank didnt put a hole in the tank.Like already said I would have put the chains on the front were the weight is.

butch atkins

video

AIR THE TIRES DOWN DUMMY,no weight on rearend,inertia and momentum is no substitute for good approach to that type terrain,tires have way to much air in them,first thing i do is let the air out of the tires,regularly run mine at 15 psi for off road,doubles the foot print of the tire and makes them grip like a cat,with duals on my M 211 i would never have to spin a tire on that hill,and ,that is also why you have an air fitting connection in the cab and issued a 30 ft tire inflation hose and chuck,so you can put air back in the tires after you air them down for offroad use.I also dont think that the noise is a bad pump ,these trannys whine like that when they are being run in low range and all of the wheels are not getting the same traction,all those driveshafts and the articulation off the axles make the reduction unit work hard under that type of driving.Just my opinion ,but i can assure you that if you are spinning those tires you are not driving or operating that truck in the proper way that it was intended to be used.Good luck to all on your projects