• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neat trailer

papercu

Joint Base Station (JBS) and Improved Special Operations, Communications Assemblage (ISOCA) TSC-135 Variant
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (Army News Service, Oct. 28, 1998) -- The U.S. Army Special Operations Command accepted the first joint base station equipment Oct. 22, becoming the first Army command to combine all of its field communication equipment into one easy- to-use system.

The first JBS went to the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School to train Special Forces soldiers how to install, operate and maintain it and then it will be fielded to 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne). Fifteen more systems will be distributed among all SF groups in the next seven years.

Tow vehicle might be a HMMWV? Wayne

Attachments

papercu

that was higher than a humm v height
Looks that way way to me too. The military usually sizes trailer tires to the tow vehicle and those are closer to HMMWV size that anything else I know of. Wayne

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't open the link because it is currently in the DRMS (DRMO) system, you need to be on a .mil network to access. This is the giant dumping grounds for the military's 'surplus'.

If you think it is hard to dig through all the stuff on GL, imagine 10 X that. Everything trickles through for a few months, other DOD might snag it, it might be 'given' to a Foreign country, then some State, then maybe a rural fire dept, then donated to a museum, then, finally, the 'leftovers' wind up on GL.

So most people only see a fraction of the stuff that really gets surplused. :evil:

I love looking on DRMS and guessing what will come through and what won't. And drooling over it all! :-D

It is a swell looking trailer, too bad I don't have a HMMWV to tow it...

NEIOWA

You don't need to be at .mil website. If you can't see may need to contact your web provider.

drms website is more interesting to prowl around than the Sears Christmas catalog when you were 6 years old (16 with a Playboy). And if you're with a Fire Dept you can request (and perhaps get) most anything you see that could be used for wildland fire protection.

datsunaholic

The DRMS site is cool. Was cool in 2000-2002 when I was in the reserves- we had one guy in our unit that got carried away and ordered a Huey.

We were a Navy boat unit. He got his ordering privileges revoked when the Huey showed up on a flatbed at our reserve center.

But DRMS is how we got a M109A3 for our Boat unit that we were NOT supposed to have, but we managed to sneak it into the system and get a USN number assigned. Eventually (after much negotiating and "procrastinating" when told to get rid of it) we were allowed to keep it as one of our 2 allotted Deuces, though every time the parent command changed COs we had to justify why we had a MCV (Mobile Command Vehicle) that we would just park on scene when all the other units had to set up a tent.

I just realized that I do volunteer work for a 501c Non-profit museum... We could really use a better tow vehicle for the 12,000-18,000 lb trailers that we use to haul the equipment out to events than a Chevy dually we currently have...

NEIOWA

I just realized that I do volunteer work for a 501c Non-profit museum... We could really use a better tow vehicle for the 12,000-18,000 lb trailers that we use to haul the equipment out to events than a Chevy dually we currently have...
You'll just have to go thru your state surplus property office and negotiate what they are going to charge you for doing a little paperwork. Obviously a lot of good stuff would be available (everything that shows up at govliquidation). Certainly unlimited qty at Ft Lewis and in the Puget Sound area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks