• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

necessary addition to any deuce!

feets

PEAK Backup Camera

It's an easy to hide back up camera with a wireless transmitter. The display suction cups to the windshield. You can pop it off and put it away when it's not needed.
I would imagine that it'd make life much easier when backing one of these beasts into a non-deuce friendly spot.
Best of all, it's water resistant. That doesn't mean you can submerge the stinkin thing but it should survive riding the frame of a deuce. I don't think you'd get taht deep backing your boat down the ramp anyway. :)

Last edited:

avengeusa

I have been eying those for a while, pondering the possibilities

now you done it, i am going to get one in a couple minutes

Snarky

Is it's 24v or 12v? I hardwired a cheapo chinese 7" monitor and nv cam into my FJ cruiser, it worked pretty well. The only problem with 2.4ghz is that EVERYTHING is 2.4ghz so things like city wide wifi, cordless phones, and various other 2.4ghz appliances can interfere. If it was 2.4ghz digital I would buy it, digital signals are hard to mess up but this one is analog.

You probably should not use something like this in place of a ground-guide. Just my 2cents.
That's correct, but you can use this in addition to your mirrors, **** this would make a ground guide ever better, because you could actually see him.

greenjeepster

I was wondering about the life span with road vibration. A rubber mount would probably help.
I drive a concrete mixer and dump truck in the summer as a side job. The company I drive for has 98 trucks all with backup cameras and most of them don't work. They quite fixing them within a few months of installing them because it was a full time job for one of their mechanics to keep up with... I don't know what brand they are off of the top of my head...maybe others are better.

Scarecrow1

Thanks Feets ,I thought the same thing when they first came out . In the transportation industry 75% of all accidents are backing related . I know it would be a cost effective addition to any big truck ....If I put one on I would want it hardwired though ...Like it was said 2.4 is everywhere and is easily scrambled ......Still keep us posted on it's reliability ..Thanks :razz:

tm america

i like the idea but why not get the gps that has the back up camera. that way if the camera poops out you still have the gps. also it will let you know how fast you were driving down the highway in rev :twisted:

robr

I have one on my hummer its been installed for a year and it still works great.
I drive it rough on unmaintained logging roads but it has a much better suspension than a Deuce Im still going to try one on my Bobbed Deuce

badgmc56

We have back-up cameras on our fleet ambulances and activity buses. They are much better quality and last many years in all kinds of weather. You can back up a bus within inches of a wall with ours. They are also very pricey. About 800.00 for the kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks